
Being a Mommy of two is a blessing, but no easy task. Especially when your trying to conquer your overeating and lose weight. Luckily my girls are just as much into working out as I am! Angel loves her jumping jacks and Baby can do Yoga like nobodys business! Usually while I am on the treadmill they are watching a movie or playing with toys.... but every now and then they are running laps in the living room trying to keep pace with me. Angel actually managed to keep this up for a whole 10 minutes!! When I do P90X they are usually sitting and watching me or next to me doing the same movements without the dumbbell.
I know that it wasn't this easy to workout with them around a year ago. Baby would constantly want me to hold her and Angel would get mad because the tready was too loud. But I think because they now see Mommy and Daddy doing this almost everyday, they have come to accept the fact that this is something we have to do.... and I am loving this. I pray that they pick up this habit of mine. That as they grow up they have the urge to keep fit everyday!
Talk about motivation! If I cant do this for myself.... I can definitely do it for my girls!
So, how did I manage to get my workouts in with a 3 and 5 year old running the house? Here are some tips:
1) Place your treadmill, or whatever your cardio machine is, in a corner facing the room they will most likely be in while your working out. By putting it in the corner you will not be worried about the child getting injured by sneaking up behind you.... and you will be able to keep an eye on them while they play.
2) Have some surprises for them! I keep new movies or games kept in the closet and bring them out on days when they just want Mommy to hold them all day. Remember, you only need 30 minutes a day of cardio to get your heart rate up!
3) Dont stress out if they are constantly coming up to you and asking you for something. Think of it as 'interval' training. Get off the treadmill and get whatever it is they need, then hop back on and move your a@@ to get your heartrate back up. Trust me, there have been days when I had to get off 10 x's in an hour to fill cups, find toys, kiss boo boo's......
4) If your doing floor work, encourage them to join you. They will love it.... and you will still get your workout in.
8 comments:
Great tips for the mommies! I think it's fantastic that they like to work out with you.
You are setting such an excellent example for Angel and Baby!! They are going to grow into confident, assured, and powerful women, just like their momma :)
LOVED your tips - almost makes me want to have another wee one so I can use them LOL
Thanks for answering my question. :) Wish I had that advice when my kids were little.
You are setting the most wonderful example of being healthy and physical. They will thank you.
When I was my most fit and healthiest, it was eating well and working out. I was very proud of myself and the example I was setting for them. I've gotten a bit off the beaten path, but I want to get back there, and soon!
Kudos to you and you DH for showing your girls a healthy lifestyle.
Great Advice!! THANKS!!
great tips for dads too. sometimes I get left in charge of the kidlets and miss workouts...not anymore, thanks
Those are great tips! I'm going to remember them!
A fantastic example you are!You are an inspiration! :)
Post a Comment