"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Stay Strong

No workout yesterday. Unless you can count moving furniture around a room 3 times as a workout... which I totally think it should. But the kids got a play date, I learned a little more about home schooling and our bedroom got remodeled. I even got a good night sleep and am up early to get in a good run!

Someone asked me what a Burpee was (sometimes called an Up-Down).

1 Begin in the standing position with your feet about 12 inches apart.

2 Bend at the knees until your heels touch the backs of your thighs (a squat). Place your hands on the floor next to your feet.

3 Lean forward and, in one smooth motion, thrust your feet backward until your legs are straight and your toes are touching the floor. If you can't do this is one motion, move one foot at a time.

4 Take care not to let your back sag. Keep your abdominal muscles tight and your hips at the same level as your shoulders. If this is too difficult, you can raise your hips slightly.

5 Bring your feet back up to your hands and stand up. Repeat the exercise as many times as you can, then rest briefly and try another set.

These are a great!

So, I am off to do my run and get my day started. I feel like I am on track to see a loss on Monday!!!

4 comments:

Hanlie said...

It will be a while before I can do those!

Amy said...

wow... that's a lot of work! Great job on the run!

Tammy said...

You sound so much better!

Looking forward to your success on Monday.

Carlos said...

wow. you totally took me back to grade school PE...