My first example of this would be my Dad. He made me a fighter in every sense of the word. From putting me into martial arts class to showing me how to survive my own battle from within. My Dad battled cancer for over 10 years before it finally took him. It is his battle that I look at every time I feel like something is too much for me to overcome. It is his face that I see when I want to give up. At his worst he would say, "Its just another bump in the road."
.jpg)
When I was 14 Dad stuck me in Tae Kwon Do. Not because I was the athletic type but because even at that young age I was 50 lbs over weight. Master Jae Kim was from Korea. He hardly spoke English, but managed to kick us all into shape. He saw something inside of me (deep, deep, deep inside of me) that I couldn't see myself. Three days a week for 3 years I spent in his dojo and not once did I leave without something hurting. The first four months the 50 lbs dropped off like melted butter. Once the weight was gone he had me working twice as hard... until, at the age of 15 I won second place in the Tae Kwon Do Nationals. (middle row, 3rd from the left)
Fast forward to today. I live with a man who is stronger then any man in the world. In the first year I knew him he fought and won over his addiction to alcohol. In the second and third year he managed to put a ring on my finger and bless me with two beautiful daughters. For the past 3 years (yes, we have been married for 5 years now! How time flies) he has been on this healthy living kick with me. Only his battle was the complete opposite of mine. He has been trying to get bigger... and has succeeded.... in small spurts. Just as I have succeeded in losing 40 lbs over two years he has managed to gain 40 in the same time. He looks amazing to me now and in my eyes I don't see that he needs to get any bigger or stronger.... but he is determined to keep going, to get bigger, to get stronger, to get healthier. Not out of vanity, but because it has become his lifestyle now. He cant stop.A big thank you to the three of you.... I love you!
11 comments:
Its true you are one lucky gal! You both are so awesome!
You are so blessed to have had and have these wonderful men.
three times blessed...lucky girl.
Hun, you are so blessed to have these amazing men in your life, and your blessings will live on in your girls!!
I am so happy to count on you as my friend!
What a beautiful entry!
How lucky to have such a great foundation, from both family and friends! Plus it is awesome that you know it!!!
What a lovely tribute to the men in your life!
You're very blessed!
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your dad so young.
I did too.
That is darn near the sweetest thing I've ever read. How cool.
Like I said the other night....your hubs is a fine looking man, and he's got a fine looking woman on his arm.
You are blessed all around!
What a lovely tribute!
I loved this post! I love that you give credit where it is deserved. Your daddy would be very proud of you. :)
Post a Comment