"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, January 9, 2009

Body Fat


Ever wonder how much fat your actually caring around with you, but don't have the fancy equipment to find out? Kennedy just passed this website along to us. All you need is a measuring tape! My results:


25.2% Body Fat

46.5 lbs of fat

138.5 lbs of lean (muscle, bone, water)


So, what does that mean? Well, I went to this website and fount that 25-31% is 'Acceptable'. I would like to drop down to the 'Athlete' which is 14-20%. If I continue what I am doing and lose another 25-30 lbs, it should be doable!


The good news is that I am well on my way. My food intake has been right on. I am eating 3 healthy meals a day with one small snack in the afternoon. Every time I start to reach for something to eat I just say to myself 'embrace the hunger!'. I'm not really sure where I got that from, but I like it. Its not that I am starving myself. Usually when I am reaching for a snack I am not even remotely hungry. Just bored, tired or emotional. So I need to teach my body (and mind) that I only need food for energy.... not as a hobby. So far, so good.


Yesterdays workout was a 2 mile run in the morning and an hour and a half of martial arts in the evening. I was drenched after the martial arts class, so I know I did good! Today's workout will be upper body weight training and another 2 mile run. (I'm getting pretty good at it!) I have one more day of eating right and working out and it will make a whole week of being on track!! That is something to celebrate!!

5 comments:

Hanlie said...

You're doing so great! Well done!

I did the body fat calculation, but it was way off for me. I definitely have more body fat than they are saying. I was surprised that it didn't require height and waist measurements, because the waist is often the most telling sign of high body fat.

Anonymous said...

Great numbers chica!! I'm so proud of you for all the progress you've made - on the outside AND INSIDE too!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Great goals! Have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

I am impressed by your hardcore exercise! Go Team Lynn!

Jessica said...

Ugh. I did NOT like that website!