"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday

188.5


So -1 pound from last week. Not as much as I was hoping for, but I'll take it.


This weekend I was surprised by my best friends fiance. He called and offered to pay for my trip down to the city so I could attend my best friends wedding shower! I left Saturday morning and arrived at the mall at 3:30 where I hid in the pet store where he and I had arranged the surprise meeting. When she came in I peaked around the corner and her face was priceless. It was a wonderful!


We hung out at her new house all night chattering away like school girls. We have been friends for 16 years and every time we get together we time warp back to when we were teenagers! Except now we talk about my kids and her upcoming marriage. I am going to be her bridesmaid on Feb 14th and am so excited. I even got my dress this weekend too! It is motivation to lose another 10 lbs before the wedding... (the dress fits, but I wouldn't mind it being a little loose!)


We went to her shower on Sunday. All of her co-workers and soon to be new in laws were there. They were all fantastic women! I don't think there was a time when I wasn't laughing. I could only stay 2 hours because I had another 4 hour trip home. It was all worth it!


My stress is still high, and I think that is why I did not lose more then a pound this week. Like everyone says, it is balance in our lives and in our bodies that help us get healthier. Right now my mind and body are out of whack with stress. I am slowly finding my way back, but for now its just a matter of focusing on the journey... not the destination.


For those of you who have only seen me 'schvitzing'...... here I am cleaned up and ready for my trip!




7 comments:

Hanlie said...

You are such a gorgeous girl!

I'm glad you had a good time with your friend. It feeds the soul, doesn't it?

Jessica said...

You're so pretty! Don't let anyone tell you any different! :) Ha ha ha!

I'm glad you had fun in Tucson!
And congrats on the pound lost!

Carlos said...

great pic. sounds like you needed to get away and decompress a bit. congrats on the loss. im a stress eater and would have eaten my face off if i were in your shoes.

Hotch Potchery said...

A loss after a road trip, especially a shower? Awesome!!

Fatinah said...

hmm, pretty when you WORK out and pretty when you GO out - what a bioch!

HAHAHA

Lisa said...

fabulous pic!!

so glad you had time to get in some laughs!

xo

Tammy said...

Congrats on your loss!!!

What a wonderful gift for you to be able to attend your friend's wedding shower. She is blessed with a very wonderful man!

Your work out dedication will have you in your dress and feeling like a goodess!