I love this day. So much to do, so much to look forward to. I have a list of 15 things that have to get done today. Not too much, mostly cleaning and making room for the family that will be coming in the morning to watch the girls open presents. I am also making a dish of Enchiladas to take to my FIL's Christmas party tomorrow night.
Tonight is dinner and a small present exchange at my Grandmothers house. I am praying that the next snow storm will stay at bay until we get home again tonight. Yesterday they got 14 inches... and another 12-16 inches is expected tonight...yikes. Have I ever told you that I am terrified of snow? Long story... some other time.
So, every Christmas my hubby tries as hard as he can to wait until Christmas morning to give me my presents... but he never makes it. Last night he got all teary eyed and handed me a small present. "It's the only present I have for you...." he said. Poor guy, as much as I tell him, he just doesn't understand that I don't need anything but him and the girls for Christmas. So we sat by the wood stove (it was freezing last night) while the girls were sound asleep in our bed under tons of blankets. I opened the box and found the most beautiful purple silk pouch... inside was a silver and diamond... yes, real diamonds... necklace. It is breathtaking. I have never seen anything so beautiful. I am going to wear it tonight to the party... and will be sure to get some pictures taken of me wearing it! I love this man!
The girls are letting off a constant hum of excitement. Baby seems to keep an eye on the fireplace... just in case! I was hoping to build a fire in it tonight, but I'm afraid Baby would have a fit.
I did not run again today and have already made up my mind to make this a little, but well earned, break from working out. I will start again on Friday! Just in time for my first Monday morning weigh-in!
Wishing you all a family filled day tomorrow. Merry Christmas!!!
2 comments:
Give your hubby a hug from me. What a sweetie.
I have to wrap today, and get this house in some order. We only have my mil and fil over for brunch, but I hate the house to look completely out of whack. Oh, and I have to make twice-baked potatoes to take to my mom's for dinner tomorrow. Icky, I have more to do than I thought. And, we go to church tonight, as well!
I'd better get of the computer, too. :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS, TIGER LILY! You are such a blessing to me, and I hope your Christmas is filled with the peace & joy of Christ.
Have a great Christmas, although it sounds like you already have!!
Post a Comment