"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 2 .... raisins are bad.

I had a bunch of amazing comments on yesterdays post. I have to say that you all are the reason I get through the hard times. Having friends that know exactly what I'm feeling and what I'm going through... well, there is nothing better. (((HUGS)))



As for yesterday... I had a pretty good day. Slipped once with a cookie (but only ate one!) and again with a box of raisins. I know, I know, raisins aren't bad for YOU... but for me they are killer. About the same time I found out I was lactose intolerant I found out I am allergic to raisins. I get terrible stomach pains after eating just ONE... so you can imagine me after a box of them. Yep, it was a rough night.



I woke up this morning feeling fine... but with an "Ah ha" moment. My body needs to be taken care of. It can't be good for it to be going up and down in weight like this... and then for me to eat things that cause me to have severe heart burn, stomach cramping and gas.... well.... obviously those are ways my body is telling me STOP!!!!!!



So, today I am going to take care of my poor stomach. I will give it food that will nourish and heal it. Its time to take care of me.



Day 2... here I come!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Bleh! I don't like raisins very much. I can eat them sometimes in some forms, but as a rule - bleh!

Take care, hon.

mak'n Changes said...

Hey! I havent been able to comment on my blog roll at all lately! My dang blackberry sucks to the highest degree of suck and as soon as I can get out of it, I am. anyhoo.... I just want to encourage you to stay strong,,, dont let all that white cold stuff get you down,, you still are an amazing lady and you are the same person that has lost all that weight!! You are the same person that just did a half marathon and the same person that has more races in your future. You are a strong powerful, amazing lady and you deserve every bit of happy and good that comes your way. I am still proud of you,,, dont give up,,, you are stronger than that!!!!
cindie

BEE said...

just wanted to say hi
im new to your blog

from bee620.blogspot.com

Casper said...

I hope you're alright, I miss your posts. Take care.

Denise said...

I miss you! Hope all is well.