I had a break down. A complete melt down of my 'healthy living'. My one week break after the half marathon turned into a two week splurge into everything forbidden.... and it was bliss.. for the first day. The second day I started feeling blahhhh. The third day I wasn't sleeping well. The fourth day I was getting stomach pains at night..... and now two weeks later I am suffering from depression, insomnia , water retention, weight gain and all around feeling crappy.... and I just can't stop.
I don't know why I fell so hard. I've tried to pick my head for answers to all my questions... but I don't get much of an answer. The fact is, I suck.... and in order to lose my suckiness I need to get my butt out of this quicksand and back on firm ground. Just because life is not going as smoothly as it should be does not give me a free pass to fall back into bad habits.
Step 1 : Acknowledge that I am a food addict. Done
Step 2: Acknowledge that I screwed up big time and that its time to get back on track. Done
Step 3: Get moving.....
I won't lie, this will be the second time this week I've tried to get back on track. The last time ended with heartburn. I'll consider that my test run. I know what went wrong and am prepared to fix it. Now lets just focus on today.
10 comments:
One positive thought followed by another.
One good meal followed by another.
One step at a time and you'll get things back on track.
Big hugs!
It happens to all of us. You hit one of your major milestones (running the half) so you let your guard down. Truthfully we all know there is only one choice and thats getting back on the path to health and wellness. Look back at some old posts to re-light that fire. Remember the reasons you did it in the first place. regaining lost ground sucks so dont let it slide too far. Get going girl!!! I expect to see some blogs about how your kicking azz in the next few days.
Yeah I've been there too. Once you get momentum going in the wrong direction it's hard to rein it back in. The solution is to start getting momentum in the right direction, which makes it easier to keep moving forward. Good luck.
You can do it Tiger. You are so strong! It just starts with that first step.
We totally get it. One day at a time is right! You're on the way!
Welcome back to killing it, Tigerlilly! Remember we ALL have slip ups... it's how you pick yourself up after the fall that really matters. And from what I can tell, you're already headed in the right direction.
When this has happened to me, I declare "Food VACATION", then force myself to eat crappy for another couple of days. If today I realize I'm doing so badly, I'll say to myself "okay, Friday I start eating clean again, so get all the crap in my now while I can". Then, by Thursday I'm dying for healthy clean food, and by Friday I'm excited to start back on the clean road.
I know it won't work for everyone, but it does for me. Denying myself the healthy eating, or delaying myself from healthy eating, makes me end up craving it.
Weird, huh?
We all fall girl, its the getting back up that counts and I know you can do it. I was so excited to have lost 25 lbs (despite wanting to loose 40) that I pretty much took the entire holiday season off and new years, for good measure. Now its killing me, getting back to where I was, but I finally decided if I didnt get started a year was going to go by and I'd be right back where I was and I dont ever want to be there again. You will get there, and you are gunna kick butt! Now get moving girly!
Also try to remember how you feel right now after eating the junk food. Remember how bad you feel. then remember how good you feel when you are eating healthy. This stops me from going to McDonald's or having fast food in general.
I am so where you are right now. I feel like I will never get back on track. sigh....
Post a Comment