"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, February 19, 2010

Sushi, how I love thee.....


I am not always a fan of sushi. There have been one too many incidents with Saki when I was younger that involved raw fish being revisited... if you get my meaning. Last night I got invited out by an old friend (her treat!) to a fantastic sushi bar up in the mountains. (I know, 500 miles from an ocean and in the snow covered mountains eating raw fish is a strange combination!) But Hubby took the kids for me and I got to get all dressed up!


I ate like a pig... or maybe a seagull! My plate was constantly being filled with amazing flavors of mahi, tuna, salmon, seaweed and ginger (oh, the ginger!)! I loved every bite! By the time we left I was stuffed to the gills. It was heaven. (I'm taking Hubby on a date there when we have the money)


We went out to the bar afterwards to help celebrate her other friends birthday. They all drank, and drank, and drank. I was a good girl and had my water with lemon... but I have to say some of there happy colored drinks looked and smelled tempting! We played pool, sang karaoke and had a blast. But I was home and in bed by 11:15. LOL (I'm such a party pooper these days)


Woke up this morning thinking I was going to see a gain on the scale... but saw a loss!! Whoop!
15(165 lbs) -1.6 (178.4 lbs) =13.4 lbs to go!


I have a ton of laundry to do today. Gotta love Fridays!!

4 comments:

Cory said...

That does sound like a terrific outing.

Congrats on the loss!

Tammy said...

Outings like that are so good for a girl's soul. Good for you getting out and getting away.

Sushi is something that scares me! Scares me lots!

Congrats on that scale moving down! Happily clapping my hands for you.

Mesha said...

Wow...that rocks! Congrats on a loss...you'll reach your goal, know it!

Unknown said...

Yum, I love sushi - that's what I caved and had for lunch yesterday. Good for you for just drinking the water - I don't know if I would have been that strong.
And a loss - way to go!
Never know with all that rice what's going to happen.