Sometimes there are people in this world that remind me how great God is... and how great the world could be if everyone acted like them.
Yesterday I called every dentist in town. No one would take a hurting child unless we had a credit card. I even offered cash on the spot... they said no. The last dentist we called was mine. We already owe him more then $2000 for all the work he did on my teeth. I hated to ask him... but what did he say? "Of course, bring her in an hour!"
She was very brave. Not a single tear... but man were her eyes wide open the whole time. He had to work on 6 teeth on her left side alone. (He didn't even touch the right side) He capped the molar that was hurting her and filled some cavities. He also gave me a prescription for fluoride. Turns out that there is very little fluoride in our drinking water out here in the boonies. He said that fluoride can prevent up to 70% of cavities!! NOW they tell me. So I spent the money to get 6 months worth of fluoride.
She got home and fell asleep on my bed. She drooled all over Daddy's pillow, but that's ok. At least now she can sleep!
I am holding steady at 177.... I think I need to drink more water and flush my system a little better. I'm leaving you with a picture of our local lake marina store... snow measured 5-6 feet there.... 10 feet in drifts. Yep, its been that kind of winter. :P

5 comments:
What a beautiful picture...and how very wonderful and kind of your dentist...there are good people out there.
Hope your little one is feeling better!
what a great picture
hope she is feeling better soon
Poor little peanut! Hope she's feeling right as rain today. Blessed is your dentist. It is good that some see the struggles of others and help them.
Love the picture you posted. Gorgeous. As much as I'm not a fan of winter, I love winter scene pictures.
STS is always better than a gain although the losses are one of the sweetest rewards!
Hugs
So glad you found a nice dentist!
Please be aware that fluoride is not necessarily a good thing. Check this website: http://www.fluoridealert.org/about-fan.htm
I have fluoride induced discoloration in my teeth, and possibly other health problems as a result of fluoride treatments and fluoridated water. I know you are health-conscious, and wanted to give you the heads up.
Man I love the looks of that snow! You live in beautiful country! So sorry to hear that your daughter hasn't been feeling good. Teeth problems are the worse and that little trooper made it thru the horror chair at the dentist....she is my hero!
Im glad you are doing well, Im sure your weight will continue to drop,, it so hard when you've lost so much weight,, it seems like th weight just doesnt come off as easily,,, so stay strong my friend and keep at it,, cause you are lookin good!
cindie
Post a Comment