"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Monday, February 22, 2010

When It Rains... It Pours!

This weeks sermon at church was about giving it all to God. When your stressed out... give it to God. (1Peter 5:6-7) "Be humble under God's powerful hand so he will lift you up when the right time comes. Give all your worries to him, because he cares about you."
Right now that is exactly what I need to be doing... but am having a hard time of it. The minute things start to look better for us, we're hit again. This time our daughter is in pain with a terrible toothache. Do we have insurance? No. I was looking into going today to try and get us on ACCCHS, which is the government funded insurance for low income people, but found out that because there are so many people on it now, they are not taking any more applications. Don't get me started on our government..... grrrrrrr.
So, in another hour or two I will be calling the dentists in the area and begging for a payment plan. She needs to be seen today. Poor thing has been drugged up all weekend. I hate seeing my girls in pain. :(
In other news (I hate writing a gloomy post!) I am feeling really good. I have kept my diet clean and have stayed away from all things dairy! Do you know that there is milk in things like chips and crackers?? OH yeah... anything 'cheese' related! So with all of that out of my system, I am feeling so much better. Its amazing what your body will tell you... and if you care to listen, you can really change it!! A friend of mine wrote me this:
Wild Oats put out a pamphlet in 1998 that stated. and I quote "What happens if I ignore my allergy symptoms? If you don't take steps to face your food allergies now, you may end up with a chronic or degenerative disease. The constant stress on your immune system can weaken it to the point that your body begins to attack and destroy its own tissues. Scientists estimate that in over 75% of allergic reactions, the cells in tissues under attack are actually destroyed. Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis are examples of two auto-immune diseases that may start as simple allergies. Good reason to change your diet now rather than later."
It totally helped change my way of thinking. Is my love of all things dairy really worth my life? Nope!
Holding steady at 177... see you tomorrow! (oh, and if not... we may have lost our internet! LOL)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So sad to read about your daughters pain. I do hope you get into a dentist soon.
I know what you mean about diary. My son is alergic to it and it is in absolutely everything - bread, margarine, bologna (not that he really ate that) but I had to look at ALL labels to see where the hidden dairy was.
We learned to like Soy milk and I cooked with it too!
Good luck!

Lorie said...

I don't know if there is a childrens hospital near you but the one in Columbus has a dental clinic and it's awesome. I hope things get better :)

Tammy said...

Sorry to hear your daughter is in such pain and you're having difficulty with funded dental care.

The information posted by your friend is interesting. My mother suffered from both Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis which contributed to her death 21 years ago this year.

I had no idea that dairy was in all different foods that aren't dairy based. Odd!

Cory said...

Sorry to hear about your daughter's toothache. Hope you were able to get in somewhere!