"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

De Ja Vu.... again.

(Mommy's little helper. She loves to wash dishes, bless her heart. )

Its time for some motivation. I took the calender out and flipped through it. I noted the usual dates... birthdays (my 32nd this year), holidays, anniversaries.... and had a very strong moment of de ja vu. I did this last year. All in hopes of reaching my goal by Christmas Day. Did I reach it... heck no. Just like I missed it the last 3 years. Granted, I HAVE lost weight every year... so I am doing something right. I' m just not doing it as fast as I would like to.



I have a friend who just had her third baby. She is now dieting to get back to her pre-pregnancy weight. This month alone she lost 15 lbs. There is no question that in another 3 months she will reach her perfect weight, just like she did after having the last 2 babies. Why is it so easy for some people? and so hard for others?



*sigh* What is that saying.... If its easy to do, its not worth doing. OR If it was easy everyone would do it.



So, my challenge to myself is to lose 15 lbs by my birthday on April 25th. That would put me at 165 lbs. I would be extremely happy with that! That gives me 9 weeks, 5 days to lose it in. Who wants to join me? A friendly race, perhaps?



I'm off to eat my oatmeal and drink my tea. :)



(oooh, and my very best bloggy friend Tammy said I was more then a number on a scale. As much as I know that, I really need to remind myself a little more often. )




5 comments:

Tammy said...

You are too sweet to acknowledge my comments about you being more than a number on a scale.

I look forward to watching you work towards and achieve your new goal. The amount of weight you're looking at losing sounds reasonable and doable. One foot in front of another and one good meal followed by another. You'll get there, hon.

Big hugs,

Cory said...

I'm with you on that challenge. My 10 year high school reunion is at the end of April, so it's a good time for me to be felling better about myself by achieving something great.

Great picture of your little girl. I imagine you'll be taking advantage of her liking that chore as long as you can!

Heatherly said...

Its nice to have you back! Keep positive enjoy the ride! Love you!

Claire said...

Good for you!! I want to drop 10 pounds by my half April 10th...will it happen? Probably not...but I'm rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

You can do it Tiger! You've accomplished so many incredible things. This is attainable too. Good luck. And cute pic of your little girl.