"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Monday, July 6, 2009

Bonking... not as much fun as it sounds.

184.4



I decided to get a really good workout in on Friday. I hopped on the treadmill and ran 1.5 miles fast and hard. Then grabbed the new Fitness Rx magazine and started to do the Jackie Warner workout that was in it.(she ROCKS by the way) None of it was THAT hard.... but lately I've been eating 1200 calories a day and that is NOT enough to sustain me through a workout. I could not physically finish my workout.(I think some of you call this BONKING) I became dizzy and nausea's and just all together terrible. I ate some dinner and felt fine... but my lesson was learned. I need to watch my calories and make sure I'm getting enough.


As for my weight this morning I am down .4 lbs. I'm happy its going down! I'm still feeling good about my food choices and am not craving anything or feeling deprived of food. Whenever I do feel temptation start to come on I just try to picture my self at 179 lbs... you can't beat that motivation!!


I put a countdown on my blog. It lets me know how much time I have to lose as much weight as possible before I have to start training for my half marathon in January. (25 days X .2 lbs a day = 5 lbs) That's 179 baby!!


I have managed to stay away from sugar for an entire week now and I can feel the difference in my body. The funny thing is, I went grocery shopping and spent all my time in the produce department. It was like.. no, better... then being in a candy store. I bought fresh pineapple, mango's, cherries, watermelon, avocados......


Mmmmm, time for breakfast!!

7 comments:

Hanlie said...

I really believe that sugar is evil and trip us up time and time again... Well done on adjusting your caloric intake to accommodate your workouts.

Ripx180 said...

loosing weight over a holiday weekend, good for you, thats awesome!!! I hear you on the sugar, its one of my major demons to battle. My body doesnt like it but my mouth and mind love it. Remember you got to eat to loose weight and to fuel those muscles your creating.

Amy said...

Good job understanding when your body is telling you something. I think I'm going to sign up for the Cowtown Half Marathong (in Fort Worth, where I live). It's 2/27/2010. if you can send me your training schedule, I'd love it! amykati@gmail.com Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it crazy how we begin to crave fresh produce once we wean ourselves from sugarcrack?

You're doing so great! I'm so proud of you!

mak'n Changes said...

You have me thinking about that half marathon! If I decide to do it i'll let u know.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on staying away from the sugar! And definitely get more healthy calories so you have the fuel your body needs for those workouts!
Path to Health

Tiffany said...

Wow, great weight loss progress so far. Just stumbled on your blog. Look forward to reading about your journey.