"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's ok to say 'NO'....

I'm really loving the group that has come together over at O.F.B. If you haven't checked it out yet, then get your butt over there and sign up. What do you have to lose??



So, this weeks Special Op is to post a blog, preferably with a photo, about your biggest hurdle/challenge that you need to overcome in order to succeed. So here is mine:



Yep, that's right. My BRAIN is my biggest hurdle. My addiction to food is all in my head. My lack of motivation comes from my head. My low self esteem... comes from my head.


So how do you overcome yourself? With a whole lot of determination, understanding, love, prayer, hope and luck! The first step, much like any other first step, is acknowledging that I have a problem. Now that I know where my problem is, I can focus a lot more on what I am THINKING when I eat. Am I hungry? Is this really what I need to eat? Is this really going to make me feel better?


Half the time the answers to those questions is NO. Since I have learned to tell myself 'NO' I have become more successful. I have learned not to listen to my head.. but to pay attention to my body. Like when my stomach hurts when I eat dairy,or when I feel nauseous after eating sugar... because my head may be saying YUMMY but my body is saying Nooooooo!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post sis!! Like Jen says, our brain is the most difficult muscle to train! But I KNOW you can do it!

Claire said...

Hey girl. This just reminded me that I've been reading a blog recently that you might really like. Here's the link:

http://www.leangreenmama.com/

Jennifer McKay is the author, and she is just awesome. Used to be very unhealthy and overweight, and overcame all her illnesses with diet alone. Inspirational, truly. She addresses issues with our brains, as well, which is definitely my problem, as well.

Just wanted to share. :)