I've joined a new site that is incredible. My friend Michelle has started Operation Fat Blaster as a way to inspire us all to finish our goals (whatever they may be). You can either click on the name above or scroll down my sidebar and click on the red box! The more the merrier. I have already met some amazing women!
Today I am cleaning house and then off to band practice tonight to learn some new songs. For those of you who don't know, I play the drums for the Praise Band at my church. Being Baptist we can get pretty loud... and I love it. But being a female drummer, I get a lot of funny looks. Some are skeptical, some are admirable and some are just funny. There is an older gentleman at the church who is my biggest fan. Whenever I walk into any room he yells out 'WHOOHOOO DRUMMER GIRL'. It is really a great feeling. The best part of it is seeing the younger girls who see me play in church. I hope that by seeing me do something unexpected that it gives them the courage to try something new.
I get to take my new truck tonight to town.... and then I'm meeting some of the girls for drinks (for them) and water (for me) and dance to some good music! I'll try to remember to take some pics!
3 comments:
Chick drummers? Ooooooh, I dog that!
I did not know that about you! Cool!
Thanks for posting the link!
Have a great time out tonight.
Post a Comment