185

Yesterday afternoon I went into town to pick up some things from the store. On my way I stopped at this cute little retail store that I love. They had a pile of 'slightly used' jeans on sale for $5 in the entry way. I went through them and found pair after pair of really cute styles. Most of them size 5 and under. Then the lady came out and threw in a couple more... size 16. At first I was happy to see some jeans that looked more human then Barbie size.. but then I started wondering if she put them there after seeing me. Did I still look like a size 16 ??
I grabbed a pair that looked cute and carried them as I went browsing through the rest of the store. I couldn't stop thinking about holding a pair of size 16's again. Then it hit me. Why am I going to buy a size 16? It would be just as bad as buying a size 5! I don't wear a size 16 anymore. Not that they would fall off my hips, but they would definitely be baggy.
So I went back to the pile of jeans and threw them back. Then picked up a really cute pair of pants that were adorable... and a size 11. A size smaller then what I wear now. I grabbed them, paid and ran out of the store before putting myself through any more torture.
When I got home I pulled them out of the bag and dashed for the bathroom. Holding my breath I pulled them on, over my thighs... over my hips.. button, zip!! Voila... they were on. Tight, but on. They looked great, accept for the fat that hung over the sides a little. I expected it and was ok with it. The fact that they even closed excited me! I took some pics of me in them so that when I lose another 10 lbs I can compare the before and afters. (but I cant bring myself to post the pics until I have the afters!!)
I am excited to have a goal setting pair of pants.
My weight is up, but it is all water. My fingers were swollen this morning and thinking back I didn't drink my water yesterday and ate a salty dinner.. We will see what Monday brings! Have a wonderful weekend!
7 comments:
That is exciting! I can't wait to see the before and after pics...
Yay for goal jeans! I was at the goodwill yesterday looking for some goal jeans. I didn't find any that I liked but I was looking in the size 14 section, I think next time I should look in the size 10 section.
I'm a huge fan of having goal clothing to check progress against. Hope you feel good in those pants soon!
A great day for jeans!
You must've been grinning ear to ear when they were all done up.
Like Hanlie, I can't wait to see you wearing them with a big smile on your face.
Terrific!
Great idea to have a pair of goal pants.
Looking forward to seeing you in them comfortably!
Goal clothes are awesome! And look at you Size 11 NOT 16! That's like HUUUUUUUUUGE difference! I can't believe you were even thinking about purchasing those 16s!
Rock on!! I'm so proud of you!
Post a Comment