"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Monday, March 22, 2010

28 beers, 5 Pizzas and a side order of nachos...


NO... I did not eat all of that!!!! In fact I think I lost 3 lbs last night because it was my first night back at work in years. I got a job at a local bar and restaurant as a waitress. Man, did I forget how demanding that job is. They didn't even put me with anyone... they just threw me to the wolves. It was me and the bartender... and that's it. The funny thing is (and I can laugh about it now), according to the bartender and cook, last night was the busiest Sunday night in 'MONTHS'!!!


I was fine with the serving part... it was the new touch screen computer that does EVERYTHING that I had a problem with. No more calling out drink orders to the bartender... now you just type it into the computer and it sends a little message to the bartender who then gets your drinks. Nothing like what I'm used to. Granted, the last time I waitressed was 10 years ago... but still!!! Crrrrazy!


But, even serving pizza, burgers and fries (until next week when they are turning into a fine dining Italian restaurant) I was not tempted at all. In fact, it kind of groused me out to watch some people eat. I had to bite my tongue a couple of times to keep from suggesting a healthier option.... My biggest temptation was the soda. I was running around so much that a nice cold soda was tempting... but I was good and just hit the water button!!


Doing this job for three nights a week should definitely help with the cardio!

3 comments:

lisah said...

What a beautiful picture of you! Glad you enjoyed your new job!

mak'n Changes said...

Girlfriend that picture is HOT! you are smokin!
How are you liking being back at work? Do you feel acomplished or maybe less bored? Im looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
cindie

Annika said...

Oh yeah I remember how demanding working as a waitress was... Stress! Especially if you work alone, hope you got some good tips!