"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ain't Nothin Gonna Break My Stride....

I've been eating and drinking a ton of veggies this week and I've noticed a huge difference in the way I feel. I wake up with a lot more clarity. No more dizzy spells when I stand up (I'm anemic and when my iron is low this is one of the side affects). I am not starving all the time. I did have a headache yesterday, but I think that was a little bit of my body detoxing. I'm telling you, juicing is like making your own magic elixir!

Here are some of the things that these veggies can do for you: (taken from Jillian McKeith)

Beetroot juice - very cleansing to the liver and blood

Celery juice - has a diuretic effect so good for reducing water retention and normalising sodium and potassium balance in the body

Carrot juice - rich in calcium needed for healthy bones and teeth and beta-carotene needed for healthy skin

Apple juice - apples are one of the only fruit that combine well with vegetables. Apple juice is very cleansing to the digestive tract. Like carrots, apples are great for sweetening other juices.

Kale and cabbage - green vegetables provide chlorophyll which has anti-cancer properties (11,12,13) as well as being cleansing to the digestive tract and liver. Cabbage juice, in particular, is excellent for healing ulcers in the digestive tract and for healing the gut wall in those with a leaky gut (increased intestinal permeability). Green vegetables also provide calcium, iron and magnesium.

Cucumber juice - cucumbers are great for juicing due to their high water content; this means they yield loads of juice. Cucumber juice is very cleansing and hydrating and is great for skin health.

Parsley - adding parsley increases the chlorophyll content as well as providing calcium, magnesium and iron.

I'm loving the feeling I get from doing this.... so I'm gonna keep it up as long as I can!!

Today is St Patty's day and it is going to be the warmest day of winter around here... gonna take the girls to the park!! I can't wait. I'm gonna leave you with a song that I got from Bitchcakes.... it took me back to the old days and gave me a great beat to start the day with today!




4 comments:

BEE said...

i think everyone is going to be at the aprk today
its such a beautiful day

great job with all the healthy choices

Unknown said...

I've been juicing WheatGrass and vegetables for about 3 months now and feel so much better. I've been growing the wheatgrass myself so I always have a fresh supply on hand.

I've stopped taking any over the counter vitamins (except specialty ones) because I get enough naturally now.

Good for you for getting into it. I think it is the worlds best thing for you.

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

Great post... love the info!

And don't ever forget how good you feel now... it's the best for of motivation to keep you going at it.

mak'n Changes said...

Oh my gosh I love juicing! Ive done 40 day juice fasts in the past and always felt amazing thru them! Once Obadiah is born Im gonna get back into my juicing and calorie counting life. I cannot weight to get all this weight off!
Im glad you found the joys of juicing!
cindie