It's Sunday night. My first day off since starting my new job. So far the only thing I accomplished was taking TWO naps with my kids. I have to say, it was much needed and felt great. The only problem is that I was hoping to also go to bed at a decent hour tonight, but the kids and I are wide awake.... its probably gonna be a late night for all of us, but maybe that means we will all sleep in tomorrow!
My weight is dropping at a steady pace. I hit 175.0 this morning. I'm happy with that. My goal is 169 by my birthday on April 25th. I figure a perfect gift to myself would be that belly button piercing I want! The bartender I work with on the weekends also does piercings on the side... she is the coolest chic I've ever met. I have to say, I think this job was meant to be for me!
One thing I have gotten a kick out of at my job is getting hit on! I have to say, my wedding ring is not small, nor is it a gigantic diamond... but it is obvious that I am married. Yet, I have had two very obvious attempts at getting my attention. One guy came back the next night and specifically asked for a table in my area.... The other guy left me a HUGE tip and wrote his name on it. Literally defaced government property in order to make sure I knew his name. Cracks me up!! The other waitresses take their rings off, saying they don't get hit on as much... but I won't do that. They will just have to keep tipping me big if they want my attention! LOL
Even better news... I went clothes shopping last weekend and bought a pair of jeans that are adorable. size 12.... they fit!! No muffin top, no unsightly lumps... just good lookin' jeans!! Yay!!
I work all week again and its gonna be a little stressful. The new restaurant is opening and I have to learn all about wine. Yikes. I am not a wine drinker.... and I know nothing about it! Should be fun. Have a good Monday!!
8 comments:
Yay for size 12 and yay for getting hit on!!!
I hear a sparkle in your voice. Im sure if I was around you I would see a spring in your step too. Im glad things are picking up for you and you are finding yourself busy doing things you enjoy. a huge CONGRATS on those size 12 jeans! Its no wonder the boys hit on you,,,,, someones tooshie is get'n smokin! Ha!
Im so happy for you,,,,You deserve everything that is good and wonderful and perfect and joyous.
cindie
Looks like things are going great for you, glad to see it!
Awesome about the 12s....great news!! What is it with guys and the unattainable....weird weird weird.
Yay for the size 12's, and DOUBLE yay for the hitting on!!
You sound amazing! Good for you.
Glad to hear you're weight is coming down and you're enjoying your job so much.
Congrats on the size 12's! Sweet.
Love that you are wearing your wedding ring and are not succumbing to the fact that you may get better tips without your ring. That is just sad to think that people would take off their rings for money. So very sad.
You know, when I see a man that is attractive or gives off this sense of sex appeal, when I look at the ring finger and their is one, that makes him all the sexier to me. Not in a hit on kind of way, but there is something about a wedding ring on a man's finger that I find so appealing. May be the commitment factor. I don't know. Some people think that makes me odd, but it's just me..... okay, maybe I am odd. :)
Woohoo! Congrats on the smaller size and low weight. I was working at the gun store for a little while, but for some weird reason, my hubby of 22 years got terribly jealous. I couldn't put him through that, so I quit.
Path to Health
I bet the waitressing job is perfect for you. You are on your feet walking so you will lose weight. When I was in highschool I worked at McDonald’s and even though I ate their food all of the time I lost weight because I was on my feet walking around. Once I took a desk job it came back on.
Post a Comment