"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A day in the life of a healthy me....

I work for the next three nights. I'm excited because this means MONEY... but I'm a little worried because it means I won't be able to eat dinner with my family and I won't be home until late. To most people this would be two silly things to worry about... but for a person trying to lose weight and be healthy its a very real concern.

My eating habit will be all screwed up. I have to eat either before my shift or after... which means really early or really late. We are not allowed to eat while on the clock. Since I can't eat before going to bed, I will eat my dinner at 4 pm.

As for the getting home late... well, I won't get my 8 hours no matter what I do because I can't sleep in late in the mornings because of the kids. I will just have to deal with 6 hours a couple nights a week.

I am sticking hard to my nutrition plan today because I need to be healthy and hydrated for work.

I also have to spend some more time memorizing the new menu. We open the new restaurant in one week and they want us to know the menu inside out and backwards. Do you know how much it makes my mouth water??? Things like Toasted Ravioli (filled with jalapeno cheese), artichoke & spinach dip served in a bread bowl and specialty pizzas ...... it just goes on and on.

What causes havoc in your 'healthy' lifestyle? and how do you cope?

3 comments:

Tricia said...

good luck!

Molly said...

the weekends tend to throw off my healthy eating. We're usually running around and eating on the go, and wine is usually involved since it's the weekend.

I had to tell you I think you're the only person I know who has read Ahab's Wife! I love that book!

Fatinah said...

I'm working 3 different contract jobs right now - and Tiger - I'm not coping well! I plan to take some time this weekend and PLAN my meals. I hate that I feel I don't have time to feed my family the healthy food we all deserve!