"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Feeling a little 'boxed' in.


This is my living room right now. I went to the grocery store this morning and grabbed as many boxes as I could fit in the back of my truck. I still have our walk in closet, the girls closet, the hall closet and the kitchen to pack. I think I'll need to make a couple more trips to that grocery store!
I took the past couple of days off from packing. Hubby asked if I was losing my enthusiasm to move... I said "NO! I'm just pacing myself!" We have so much stuff it is unbelievable. I have actually given away, donated or thrown out half of what I packed! Hubby's dumpster out front has been filled and emptied once already, and its getting filled up again fast. We burned leaves, tumbleweeds and trash over the weekend. The grass, trees and bushes are turning green.... here is something funny.... the last time we had fruit on our fruit trees was the year we moved in (6 years ago). This year they have bloomed and it looks like they will be bearing fruit again this year... the year we leave. Hmph. I'm not sure if I should be offended.
Well, I'm off to make a dent in those boxes and get a closet or two taken care of!! We leave in 3 weeks, 4 days!!!

No comments: