"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Pack Rat Named Tigerlilly

One of the best things about moving is that during the packing process you get to clean out. So far I have been able to match my 'give-away' pile to my 'taking' pile. I love it. I have also realized what pack rats my hubby and I are. I have held on to stuff that I have never used before... clothes that I never wear... thing-a-mu-jigs that I don't even know what they do. I am slowly learning to let go. The fact that I don't want to have to haul all of it across the country helps! Hubby has found a fast way to pack his stuff... he ordered a dumpster to be delivered at our house today. LOL

I, on the other hand, have been putting things in piles. The 'mom might want it' pile, the 'church sale' pile, the 'good will' pile and the dumpster pile. You would think that our tiny house would be a cinch to pack... but I am finding that I have stuff in every closet, corner and drawer in this house.

Today is my last night off of work for the rest of the week, so I'm hoping to get quite a bit done. We moved our moving date up a week... Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much crap one accumulates. I keep thinking I'm doing good, but yet every time the Canadian Diabetes Association calls to see if I have anything to donate, I have at least one garbage bag of stuff for them. *shakes head*