"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm getting soft... time to CrossFit!

I may not be gaining weight... ok, so I'm gaining and losing the same 5 lbs over and over again... but my body is getting soft. Without my running and doing my daily workouts I have lost the bodacious curves, the muscular feel and the all around 'tightness' that my body was getting. So, in desperation to get those muscles working again I have started a crazy thing called CrossFit.

Hubby has been doing it for the last couple of months, and while it is only stuff like push ups, pull ups, box jumps, dead lifts, squats and jump rope... it is a kick ass workout. He is looking fantastic and doing well on it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Today's workout.... you can check it out on their website for free... but here is what I did:

Do as many rounds as possible in 30 minutes of:

5 Dead lifts
13 push ups
9 box jumps

This may sound easy, but I could only manage 5 rounds. *Hubby did 15*

I am back on my juicing diet and getting rid of carbs and dairy (yes, it snuck back in again). Its time to get back on track. Moving across the country is no excuse to get soft. :P

3 comments:

Geoff said...

I've been doing Crossfit for 2 years now, and it's gotten me in the best shape of my life. I work out at an affiliate, which makes all the difference in the world. I don't know if you guys are doing it on your own, but if you do get the chance (and the money) to get to an affiliate it's totally worth it. The community is amazing, and the sense of camaraderie and competition is great.

mak'n Changes said...

alex and I use to go to an affiliate (well ok I went once) but alex went a few times cause it was free. the workouts were kick butt and it was great. I burned a dang blister on my butt from the quick situps that had to be done on those dang hard paper thin rubber matts but it was awesome! Then I got pregnant and didnt go anymore,, but Alex loved it!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Sounds like a great workout! I've noticed some soft spots here, too. I've been remiss at checking in with everyone. Looks like we will be moving, too. Not quite as quickly as you are, thankfully. I'm NOT ready to leave my mountain for the heat of Texas. :-(

May the Lord richly bless you in your move!
Path to Health