"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, October 23, 2009

Everyone is entitled to a bad day...


Yesterday was a flashback to the old days. Eating whatever I could find and never feeling full. I'm sure it had to do with the funk I was in. I had a lot of mixed feelings going on yesterday and they just got more jumbled as the day went on. By the afternoon I recognized what I was doing and it made me feel even worse. I felt like a failure.
To go from feeling at the top of the world to feeling less then scum... in one week... is quite the roller coaster ride. I don't know where my head is this morning. I know that I don't want a repeat of yesterdays food.... but I do know that I'm not out of this funk yet. So, what to do?
I'm going to have to find another way of stuffing my emotions. Something that doesn't involve food. The only way I can do that is by getting out of the house. It's freezing again today... but that's what jackets are for, right? I am taking the kids on a trail hike up on the mountain this morning. By the time we get back it will be lunch time... then we will go to the library and get our books for the next week!
The trick to getting me through these funks without gaining 10 lbs will be keeping me out of the house.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your last part took the words from me. get out. That always seems to help me. I hope you snap back soon.

Marcelle said...

I could have written this entry, only this week I had a day where i wanted to eat everything in sight...so went out for a run in the forest.
I'm going through hectic emotional time as well at the moment...am so homesick after my holiday with family and friends...I feel as if I'm in this dark tunnel, that my life has been drained out of my body...
I have to work on myself as I dont want to get depressed.
We have a lovely weekend lying ahead of us so hoping that will put me in a better frame of mind...

So big cyber hug to you my blogger friend...feel better soon and you no scum!!

Fatinah said...

one day does not a failure make!

sounds like you have a great day planned to keep you busy!

Tammy said...

You've been given some great advice. You've had an off day, that is different than an off week/month and so on. I think, and really, what do I know, but I do think that the biggest thing here is you acknowledged your feelings.

Keep pushing forward in your goals and try not to be so hard on yourself when you have days like this.

Big big hugs!

Claire said...

And girl, since I know you're a believer, don't forget to let God help you out. I'm doing a fast for health right now, and He is so faithful in helping me make good choices. Let Him help! When you feel yourself getting out of control, pray! Getting out of the house is great, too. :)