"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Garbage Day

Monday = 176.6 lbs
Today = 175.6
Total = -1 lb

I always tell my husband how much I truly hate it when he goes to work out of town. I know , that he knows, its because I love him and miss his company. His jokes, his laughter, his body heat when the nights are freezing.

It's times like these when I really respect single parents.

Anyway, I also hate it when he leaves because I have to take over his part of the chores around the house. Like taking the garbage can to the street. Now, most of you live in nice cozy suburbs, where your house is 15 feet from the street. All you have to do is open the garage door, grab the garbage and take a little stroll to the curb.

Not us.

Like I've said before, we live in the country. Our driveway is a quarter of a mile long... and its not paved. This may not seem that big of a deal to some of you... but try walking on a dirt road while pulling a garbage can LOADED with stinky trash behind you. There have been a couple of times that I've dislocated my shoulder trying to get those tiny little wheels over some big ole' rocks.

Today was garbage day. This I remembered after running 2 miles, taking a nice hot shower and getting all cozy warm. So, with dripping wet hair, I put on a coat, some tennys and headed outside into the freezing cold weather.

I swear, the only reason I've lost a pound in one day is because it was garbage day. Hurry home Honey.

4 comments:

Ripx180 said...

I always miss my lady when she is gone, she does a ton for me. Glad to see your feeling better (health wise).

Anonymous said...

Well in that case maybe hubby should always let you do the trash! If it's going to add a pound loss per week.. Muwhaha.

Ripx180 said...

On your Insanity question... I have already been doing it for a little over a month (not as strictly as I should have but I have done the workouts). If your strictly looking for weight loss and a killer cardio program look no further. Its harder or rivals anything P90x has to offer cardio wise. The first couple weeks the warm ups feel like a hard workout. Breaks in the videos are very short or non existent and allot of the moves are high impact or very high output (think plyo on crack). ;) No weights are used in any of the videos. If you have done HIIT training its like doing that for 40 mins to a hour (pretty much very high intensity circuit training). Anyway its truly no joke. Given that I do feel like I have lost some strength and muscle definition just doing insanity. That is the major reason I am starting a hybrid of the two programs. From a genetic standpoint I have a really hard time gaining and maintaining any kind of visible muscle so weight training is a must for me. I think that varies from person to person. Some people on the BB forums have indicated that they have had no muscle or strength loss. Anyway thats my take on Insanity... definitely a must have for the fat blaster arsenal.

Fatinah said...

haha - losing a pound because it's garbage day! too funny