I ran a whole mile without stopping.
This is a huge accomplishment for me. I don't think I have ever done this in my life. Not even as a young teenager in high school could I make it 4 times around the track without having to stop and walk.
This morning, is 40 degree weather, I headed out to do my 5 a.m run. I had to stop at the gas station on the way to buy a pair of gloves because my fingers were already numb from the cold. I got to the track and found it empty. The once crowded lanes were now all mine thanks to winter! I walked one lap around the track to warm up... and to try and psych myself up to running a whole mile without stopping. The psyching up part didn't really help, it just made me more nervous and doubtful. So I quit with that and just started jogging.
The first lap was easy... surprising, since I usually have to stop and walk the curves. The second lap is when my head was trying to get in the way.
"This is my second lap... I can't do two laps... I can't even do one... but, I did... huh... maybe I can do two... ok.. lets keep going... but there is no way I can do three."
With two laps done I was really starting to doubt my third lap.
"I'm gonna drop dead... I can't breath... I'm not breathing... no wait, I hear the wheezing... I'm ok."
On the fourth lap it was just sheer determination to run 1 mile with out stopping that got me to finish it. I wanted to jump for joy, but by then some people had started to come out and walk the track, so I just smiled and said a little 'yay'.
And now for the rest of the story:
I walked another lap around to 'cool down'. By then I realized I was at 1.5 miles. I can't stop there... so I decided to take Hubby's advice and do some sprints. For two laps around I walked the curves and sprinted the straight away.
Mile 1: 12 minutes
Mile 2: 14 minutes
I came home feeling fantastic. Hubby was in the middle of a P90X Plyo workout so I took my own picture and then did the cool down and stretch with him.
What a great day!
11 comments:
What an accomplishment! You go girl! Today is the day when all of the times that you pushed yourself, all of the effort and personal sacrifices paid off. You earned this day. You created it!
Bask in the glory of accomplishment all day! What an inspiring post! Rock on!
Great Job... That is one of my goals right now. My block is almost half a mile so I am trying to jog the straights walk the curves and it is so hard. I just want to be able to go a mile without stopping. So YAY for you! WTG!!!
Great Job!!!
awesome! what a great job and way to stick too it...
That is a great accomplishment. I know that when I started my fitness journey I couldn't do that either. It just takes that mental toughness to push through, feeling like you might die but knowing you won't.
Way to go! What a great feeling!!
that is AWESOME!!!
Fantastic feeling...well done.
wow - way to go!!
Woohoo! You can do so much more than you ever give yourself credit for!
Just catching upon reading my fav blogs. I'm so happy happy for you. I've been there!
Post a Comment