"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, October 9, 2009

Iron Girl 5K


It's been a hard week for me with my Hubby working out of town. No worries, I've been getting my running in on the treadmill... but my food has been TERRIBLE. Pizza, cookies, chips.... oh my.


So, I started looking online for something to keep me motivated. I have 3 months till my half marathon, but for some reason that isn't doing it for me. So I found the Iron Girl 5K next month! I was so excited because it is to raise money for the cure for cancer. If you are a cancer survivor you can share your story with them and they will pay your entrance fee for the race!


I am officially signed up and will be running on November 15th. My goal is to be at 165 by then. I have 5 weeks!!


Life is too short... get up, get going, or your going to miss it!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE, the Iron Girl 5k will be a perfect run. It's for a good cause, it has an awesome name, and they are known for putting on a good event.

big_mummy said...

thats a great challenge to set yourself, and a very worthy cause!!

now i am thinking of the wizard of oz, lions and tigers and bears- oh my!

Ripx180 said...

Nothing like a race on the calendar to get the blood pumping. Train hard and run fast!!! :). I am signing up for the turkey trott 5k again this year... Sub 30 is my goal. Not fast by anymeans but good for this old man ;)