"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Move It People!

One of the most annoying things to hear from people is: "I dont have time to workout".

Michelle wrote this post yesterday and I loved it. Why is it you can find time to watch your favorite TV show, go out with the guys/gals or read a book but you cant find the time to workout?? Really?? Is this how much you are dedicated to living your life to the fullest?

I used to have the same excuses. "I don't have time" or "I have little kids". Well, I started waking up an hour early in the morning and going out running while Hubby was getting ready for work. This allowed me the time I needed to get in my workout while still having someone at home to watch the kids. Granted, it wasn't easy at first but now that is my favorite time of day.

Just to show people that you can always find the time to better yourself I hopped on the treadmill during the first hour of Biggest Loser last night and got in 3 miles. Don't have a treadmill? Jog in place, skip rope, do jumping jacks, sit ups , push ups, mini trampoline... got the picture? Good. Now, stand up and finish what you started!

6 comments:

Ripx180 said...

I agree 100%!!! "I don't have time" is the lamest excuse of all time. It all depends on your priorities. I have burned many calories while watching TBL. ;) People doing the same thing you are, exercising and loosing weight.

Carlos said...

awesome message

sharongracepjs said...

So true...good reminder! It's a matter of priorities. Even if you don't have the time right now...make the time.

I get up early to run, too, because it gets it done for the day and I don't have to worry about social plans getting in the way or being too tired after work or showering twice - well, guess what: I actually love it! Like you said, best part of the day.

big_mummy said...

I do agree, but theres a but lol.... sometimes it ISNT that easy. My hubby doesnbt stay here monday to friday, i study, I have 3 whirwind kids who i need to clean up after, to cook for, to keep entertained to help with school work, i dont own or can afford or have space for gym equiptment in the house, i dont drive. I CAN walk. I CAN bike. I CAN do wii fit and fitness videos- all of which i do- as long as i have time LOL. Sometimes it really isnt that easy. Guess i am only posting in my defence because it is something i recognise that i would like to change- its a great message to those who could do with a kick up the ass, but to me, its a guilt trip. I really AM dedicated, but i am equally really bloody overwhelmed. i do what i can


*exhales*

Hafa said...

Beautiful post... I have to write something similar. Michelle inspired us all ;)

Missed reading your blog ;)

Hanlie said...

Well said! That is so true!