I could not get up this morning. No matter how many times Hubby tried, he could not get me up. Waking up at 4:15 every morning with him is great. He does his workout, I go out to the track and do my run, and the kids are still sleeping when we are done. It also gives us a little bit of alone time before the day explodes.
Today, though, I needed my sleep. I curled up next to Baby, who has relapsed into sleeping in our bed again, and slept for 2 more hours. I didn't even hear Hubby leave for work. When I did finally crawl out of bed I felt guilty and a little sad that I had missed my early morning run.
So I put on my running clothes and got on the treadmill. Because I have such a hard time getting motivated on the treadmill to run I put on week 4 of C25K on my IPod and pounded out 2 miles. I swear, running on the treadmill is so much harder then running on pavement. Maybe its just the scenery. Which do you prefer??
I feel better now and am ready for the rest of my day.
I am really considering getting that Insanity workout. Has anyone tried it??
12 comments:
Just no comparison for me. Being outside is so much better than the treadmill, the elip, or the bike.
the stationary stuff just feels like the baton death march. I do them anyways but outside is my vote.
I think the treadmill is much easier... all you have to do is lift your legs and the tread propels you forward. Outside its all about your legs and muscles pushing you forward and up. I try to up the incline on a treadmill to make up the difference.
I left you a review of Insanity a couple blogs back in your comments. Another great program by beach body IMHO.
I prefer outside - because I can rely on the route to tell me when I'm almost done instead of glancing at a clock on the machine. Having said that - I'm a fair-weather runner in a big way... I'm already indoors on the treadmill till summer!
Feeling-wise being outside and running is easier. It doesn't seem so tedious. But effort-wise I'd have to say the treadmill is easier because technically the 'ground' on the treadmill moves under you rather than you pushing your body weight off non-moving pavement. Does that make sense?!
My Insanity is in the mail right now and I know a lot of people who have it, tried it, and loved it. Let us know if you get it!
Well, I don't run but I do prefer walking on the treadmill so I can monitor my pace. Harder to do outside.
The treadmill is definitely the answer if you have small children around and hubs is already gone. :-) I have adult children, so it doesn't make a difference for me in that respect.
Path to Health
I taught myself to run on the treadmill so find it much easier than outside...but must admit one does feel less bored being outdoors as lots to look at...
At least u trained today....good on you!
I don't have a treadmill but I hated it at the gym. Watching the time and going know where irked my last nerve. I would jog and itchbay the entire time. Now that I'm an outdoors kinda gal, really motivates me to push harder and get back to where I started. I think its just a psycho thing.
I hate running on the treadmill. I sweat fifty times more. It's harder. It's boring. It's pretty much hell.
I've grown to love my treadmill just for the convenience and the inability to blame not working out on the weather.
But ...
for the pure feeling of being alive ... I choose the outdoors.
for me running outside is so much harder. I cant run NEAR as far without stopping to walk. But now that I dont have a gym membership I have no choice but to run outside. At first I hated it. Now I actually look forward to it. But it is still harder. I like watching my numbers on a TM too... I am a nerd like that. BTW... you look awesome. Your pic above shows just how hard you are working and how much that dedication is paying off. Keep it up chica!!!
My preference is outside, but not on pavement. Give me an aggregate trailbed or a grassy stretch. There's just too much impact on concrete/blacktop.
After that, I'd take a treadmill with a big screen TV in front of it--something to get my mind off the fact that I'm running in place. I've also read that people who treadmill all winter have a rough time in the spring when running on solid ground again for the reason Ripx180 described. When on the ground, you have to do the moving, not just move your legs.
I just can't stand track running--that's even more boring than a treadmill to me, and all of the corners keep me from maintaining any sort of stride.
I think running outside is harder (hills are pretty much unavoidable!) but so much more fun!
Post a Comment