Feed a Cold, Feed a Fever.
This past week has been nothing short of a train wreck. Getting sick messed with everything from my inner go-getter to my will power to not eat crap.
First off, this was my first week back from running my first ever 10K.. so I actually had no plans to run for at least 4 days to let my body recuperate. But for some reason, knowing that my body couldn't run even if I wanted to... well, it was a little depressing. For some reason it left me feeling like a failure.... and what always happens when I feel like that?
I EAT. Lord, did I eat. I ate crap that hasn't been in my body in well over a year. Not only did I eat it, I loved it. I enjoyed every second of eating it.
Friday night I had a dream. I was looking in the mirror trying to get on my new pair of jeans, only I was HUGE. I stepped on a scale and someone said 'WOW, you don't LOOK that big'. When I woke up I felt sick. Seeing myself lose control like that made me really nervous. I know I'm sick, and I know that its ok to fall off the wagon... but this time it gave me an anxiety attack. This is the longest period of time I have gone not caring what I ate... or how much I weighed... and it scared me.
Today's weigh in was 176.6. A gain of 1.6 lbs. Not as bad as it could have been... but I'm still disappointed. Not in gaining the weight, but in my attitude all week long. Being sick I should have cared more about what I put into my body... instead I filled it with crap.
I am back on track. Yesterday I had a perfect food day. This morning I hopped on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Nothing strenuous... I still have a small cough... but just a brisk walk that got the blood flowing.
Hubby is out of town this week and I have made a little personal challenge for myself. I want to be at 174 when he gets home on Friday. I still have a half marathon to train for... I'm not done yet!
2 comments:
way to rebound from the splurges and urges!! i have a strong feeling that you will see 173 by the time hubs gets back home..something about an eye of the tiger?
keep your head up chica and hang in there!!! YOU GOT THIS!
way to get back at it... my theory is that when you are sick your body craves the stuff it needs to fight the cold... cheeseburgers are my favorite germ fighters!
Post a Comment