"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, May 29, 2009

A break in routine can really make a difference...

The rain has finally come. Every afternoon we are being pounded by rain for at least an hour. Just enough to wet the ground and turn everything green. The flowers are blooming, the grass is growing and I am outside every morning working in the yard. I wish I could say this was the reason you have not heard from me in a week, but truth be told, my computer caught a cold and I had to take it in for repairs.

I picked it back up this morning, and was shocked that I actually worked in the yard for 2 hours before coming inside and hooking him back up. Of course, now that he is running smooth I will probably be on here for the next 3 hours catching up with everyone! LOL

So, this week has been a change for me. Trying to think differently about what, and why, I am doing things. My weight is the same... 188.8... which is hilarious because I haven't worked out a single day (sorry Michelle, I left you hanging) and I have eaten things like Pizza, doughnuts, chocolate, ice cream, hot dogs.... you get the idea. What makes it funny is that, had I stuck to my healthy eating the last week, I probably would have seen a huge loss. Working on the yard is hard work. I've stained my porch, tilled and planted new grass, planted flowers and cleaned animal areas. Really, the only reason that I haven't gained weight is because I was too busy working... but when I did eat it was what I was craving. I have to say that I have been a very happy person this past week....

But I have also learned something.... my body responds better to everything when my mind is happy. What does this mean? That in order to succeed in losing the next 40 lbs, I need to focus on being a happier person. On enjoying life and not basing my life around weight loss. On having that piece of pizza with the family.... or that BBQ lunch at a friends. Good grief, you only live once. Not that that is a reason to be unhealthy or give up on that dream body. In fact, this past week has given me the *umph* to push me back on the wagon. Only this wagon is going off-roading.

Since I haven't worked out in a week I feel a little bit 'itchy' to sweat again. So I will try and get in an hour on the treadmill this afternoon... somewhere between dinner, playing drums at church and our Friday night!

On a side note!

I received 4 CD's in the mail from Heidi Roizen over at SkinnySongs. I opened one up the other day and played it in the car.... I loved it. Talk about motivational. Thanks to her I kept away from temptation the whole time I was running around town! So... I have 3 to give away!! Here is how you can win.

1. Comment here and I will put your name in the hat.
2. Link to my blog and I will put your name in the hat.... again!
3. Write your own skinny song and I will put your name in the hat 5 times!!

The drawing will be on June 5th. Good Luck!

5 comments:

Hanlie said...

I was wondering where you were! Glad you're happy! You have such a beautiful smile...

Anonymous said...

I have been worried about you! I was starting to think I'd need to hop in my car and make he 27 hour drive to knock on your door and see if everything was ok :)

Sis, absolutely NO WORRIES on the past week - you deserved some time off! Have a great weekend!!

Krissy said...

Here's to your next 40 lbs! Glad to see you back online.

P.S. nice contest.

Carlos said...

sounds like you needed a mental break... a well spent week

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Isn't Skinny Songs AWESOME???? Don't put me in the drawing. I have my own, just wanted to add my recommendation to get this CD. VERY motivating songs.

"I'm a hottie now!" ;-)

Path to Health