My husband has applied for a job that requires a lot of testing, both mental and physical, before being offered a position. He passed his second mental test this week which pushes him through to the next test. This one is the physical test. He is in perfect shape and will have no problem passing any of it... but it has given me the drive to try a little harder.
According to this company, a female my age should be able to run a mile and a half in 18:39, do 15 sit ups in one minute, and do 8 push ups in one minute. I can tell you right now that I can do 35 push ups in one minute... and about 30 sit ups in one minute... but the running. I am freakin' slow.
So, I have decided to add running back into my morning workouts. Not only will it speed up my weight loss... but it will also help prepare me for the half marathon I am doing in January!
In other news... I have pledged to lose 40 lbs this summer with the Pound for Pound challenge. I am excited because I have decided to start my own Boot Camp for the ladies at my church. I want to get as many pounds pledged as possible. We'll see how it goes over at church this sunday! On top of that, it will give me motivation to get out and do something that is not part of my regular workout!!
What did ya'll think about the BL Finale last night?? I loved that Jerry won!!
I need to get off of here so I can get sweating!
6 comments:
I love, Love, LOVED the show last night! Jerry was so cute, he had me giggling the whole time. Helen was a surprise, sneaking up from behind everyone and taking the prize! Good Job helen! Mike and Tara looked finaminel (sp) I was so happy for all of them! What a great season this was, it TOTALLY made up for last season! I wasnt gonna watch the show anymore after last season, but thought i'd give it another chance and was pleased with the outcome. Congrats to all the biggest losers!
cindie
35 pushups in a minute! That is outstanding!
And, I loved that Jerry won because he was a total underdog. I WISH Tara would have won, because she was my favorite all along, but they all looked fabulous.
Are you still doing the P90X?
awesome you are doing the bootcamp at church... what kinda company makes you workout and do mental stuff? is he a applying for a superhero opening?
I loved the fact that Jerry won the at home prize. I was freaking po'd that helen won TBL... I wanted Tara to win as she was the ultimate competitor, even Mike would have been better hands down. I think Helen was totally in it just for the money and she had lost lots of weight in the past.
Yaay for hubby! And yaay for you too sis!
I'm happy Jerry won too. Helen winning? Meh, not so much.
Girl, you'll totally rock the mileage once we're through training for our half-marathon! It's only 249 days away!!
I loved that Jerry won - he was a hoot!
I hated that Helen won - I'm still mad that she sent her daughter home - hope she uses the $$ to get her daughter a trainer.
I love that you're going to do a boot camp with your church - what a great idea!! Can't wait to read all about it!!
Post a Comment