Why is it that I always want to work out when I am sick? I think its the whole mind game of.. I'm not supposed to so I WANT to!!
Yesterday I laid in bed all day. I had chills (but no fever), back and stomach cramping and nausea (although I still managed to eat crappy). I had my own personal Bones marathon (thanks to Hulu.com) and only got up when the kids needed something.
This morning I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in last night. Tells you how well I slept. I feel better this morning. So much better that I want to workout... but there is a nagging feeling that if I do I might get sick again. Should I wait one more day to make sure I've kicked whatever this bug was that I had? I think I will. Just to be sure. We aren't that far from the last 'H1N1 flu' (better known as the Swine Flu, but I didn't want to offend any pigs out there) outbreak. I hardly get out of the house, and I don't have any pigs, so I doubt that is what this is. Besides they say only go to the hospital if you have a fever and I never got one.
Since I am feeling better though I think I will let the kids play outside today so Mommy can soak up some sun. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back on track with my workouts. But do I start where I left off or where I should be with P90X??
5 comments:
I thought Hulu might get you ;).
Here's my thought on your workouts... I would take yesterday as your rest day and do shoulders/bics/tris today (given lifting workouts aren't as rigorous - not as likely to make you relapse). then do plyo on your scheduled rest day... Anyway just a thought.
glad your feeling better. If your feeling it push play!!! ;)
not trying to be comment Ho on your page but I saw this on another blog that I follow and thought you might be able to use it. its a 12 week training schedule for your half.
http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm
Not sure about the workout sis - I'd tell you to rest, but would probably workout if I were you :)
I'm doing the half-marathon program Ripx180 linked to in his comment. I'm "practicing" this week, and will start for sure next week Monday as I'll be 12 weeks out!
I went back to working out today, and honestly, it may have been a day too soon. I wore out much sooner, and my cough came back a bit...I think tomorrow I will be right on!
Hope you are feeling 100% better soon! Maybe take another day to rest.
Path to Health
Post a Comment