"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Week One Wiegh In

188

No change. Which might be a good sign, really. I know that my body is extremely sore and my muscles are swollen with water. My thighs are definitely killing me! I am staying positive and pushing forward. Yesterdays rest day was definitley needed and enjoyed.

Today is Day 1 of Week 2... Chest, Back and Abs. I love this workout. I'm going to church this morning, taking the kids and dogs for a walk this afternoon and then do my workout tonight!

I have decided to hold off 3 months before starting my training for the half marathon. My focus for those 3 months will be to drop another 20 lbs. Lets face it, its much easier to run when your not carrying so much weight!

In the mean time I will be doing some research on how to train for a half-marathon.... any suggestions?

4 comments:

Hanlie said...

I know virtually nothing about this, but I think it's probably a wise decision. My husband, who's been a runner for many years, says that every extra pound counts when you're running...

Rebecca said...

My only advice for running is that you go out training with your head in the game every single day. No good run ever comes from a half assed attidude! At least for me!

Anonymous said...

No suggestions, but its good you are loving the workout. I've seen some used ones on Amazon...in your opinion, would it work like that...or do you have to buy the whole package? Just curious.

I hope you took beginning measurements. I can't wait to see the change!

mak'n Changes said...

Google "how to train for a marathon". Some good sites will come up.
Cindie