"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, February 27, 2009

Double blow outs and plans for more!

Yesterdays bike ride was great... until the double blow out we had! Thank goodness we weren't that far from home when it happened. Pushing a bike with a flat AND a trailer loaded with two kids with a flat is no easy task. In fact, it was a great workout! I'm going to go get the tires fixed tomorrow.
Hubby has a weekend planned full of 'man' stuff. You know... poker games, police ride along... no woman allowed stuff. So I figured since the weather is somewhat nice (the wind has picked up) I would make it an active weekend with the girls. Saturday I want to fix the trailer tire (as it doubles as a stroller) and take the kids for a trail walk/picnic. Although the picnic is still a maybe. I am always terrified of coming across a bear or wildcat when I'm out with the kids.

Sunday I need to get my bike tire fixed so I can go on the bike ride with my friend. She is in really good shape, so it will be a challenge to keep up with her. We are also going on a mountain trail, which means lots of hills! Yikes! My weigh in on Monday should be great!! LOL

So in a weird twist... I have started drinking coffee. I've never been a big coffee drinker. Usually its tea. Lately I've been pouring myself a cup of coffee in the morning and afternoon. Tea doesn't even sound good to me right now. I'm wondering if this isn't the cause of my headaches? I find it weird that I suddenly have a craving for coffee. I know I'm not pregnant!! LOL

Today's workout plan is a one hour Tae Bo workout and a 30 min walk on the tready.


OOOOH! Hubby is testing for his second degree green belt in Tang Soo Do next Tuesday. He is so excited. I took the last four months off, otherwise I would have my red belt next week. Oh well. Wish him luck!! (He is the one getting attacked in this picture. This was his very first test for his orange belt. He has come along way since this!)


3 comments:

Cory said...

Good luck to the hubby!!!

Hanlie said...

You always have such fun ideas!

Good luck to the hubby!

As for the coffee, I would nip that one in the bud... Is it really worth the 3-day withdrawal-from-hell once you're fully addicted?

Anonymous said...

You are such good role models for Angel and Baby!!! Sorry to hear about your tire blow-outs! I'm actually going to sign up for a basic bike maintenance class so I can learn how to do that stuff lol I'm such a girl sometimes!

Good luck Mr. Tigerlilly!! I know you can do it!