"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Why I Felt Amazing Here....

Run4Change is having a little competition (check out his blog to see how to enter)... Here is my entry.


This picture was taken the day I graduated high school. I was 18 and flying high. FREEEEEDOM!!! Not only had I managed to graduate high school that year but I had finally earned my black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I was a national champion, an instructor and had so much ahead of me. My life could have turned in so many different directions from this point on... but I wasn't worried. I felt strong, I felt healthy (after losing 75 lbs over the previous 2 years) and I was invincible. When I talk about myself as Tigerlilly... this is who she is... this is the Tigerlilly inside of me fighting to come back out!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is such a cool pic. I love it. You look sooo young. I guess we all did when we graduated. HAHAHA You rock Tae Kwan do master.

Amy said...

Very cool.

Cory said...

She's really starting to show too! She'll be fully here before you know it.
Great pic!

Anonymous said...

You're getting there hun!! I can see her shining right through you today!

Anonymous said...

What a nice pic and post. Very well written and so touching. You really have accomplished a lot at such a young age :-) Something to be real proud of. Thanks for sharing..

Hanlie said...

You look amazing too! Nice pic, nice post!

Sarah said...

That is a wonderful 'why I felt amazing here' story! I love it.