I had a great time this weekend. Thursday, Baby and I baked a cake for Hubby to enjoy on V-Day. Its no Charm City Cake ... but I it was made with love!
Thursday night and Friday, Angel was sick and throwing up... a lot. I was this close to calling off the trip and just staying home. My mom showed up at 10 a.m. so I could leave. Once she was there the girl seemed to forget she was sick. I loaded up the car and left.
The drive took an extra hour because of road construction and detours.. but I finally made it to the church where I was meeting everyone for the rehearsal and dinner. I got a chance to meet my best friends family... and they are exactly like her... they made me laugh the entire time I was there.
The dinner was at a Mexican restaurant. The grooms family ordered for everyone (which I thought was a bit rude) so we all got a heaping plate of rice, cheese enchilada, beef taco and beans. It was loaded with cheese and , with my lactose intolerance, I didn't eat much of anything. But the company was great!
I got to stay with my friend and her mom in her house. We finished some last minute details and went to bed around 11:30. We all had to be up and out of the house early. The bride had to get her hair, nails and make-up done with the other bridesmaids... while her mother and I had to go set up the reception hall.
A couple of friends, the groom, the best man, her dad, step mom and sister showed up to help us decorate and set up. It got to be a little hectic... and somehow I ended up being the go-to girl. One thing after another happened... including having to get the rental place to bring all new chairs since their covers did not fit the chairs that were there. At this point I was very thankful that Hubby and I just made a quick trip to the court house!! LOL
We had four hours to get the place looking the way my friend was dreaming about. It was a mad dash all the way to the end. Everyone left to get ready for the wedding... I had to stay behind because no one knew what time the caterers or cake were supposed to arrive. I put my make-up on and then waited for the rest of the bridal party to show up so I could do my hair and get the dress on. Luckily one of my new friends (who had helped with the set up) came back early to help curl my hair. Phyllis... your a sweetheart! Thank You!
The wedding was beautiful and the bride and groom make a fantastic couple.
This is the only pic of me in the dress I got... I was running around too much.
I left the party early because I had gotten a phone call from Hubby. Whatever the girl had, he had gotten. He was throwing up and sounded miserable. Because it is a 4 hour drive home, in the dark and on a very curvy road... and it was already 8 p.m.... we decided that I should get a couple of hours of sleep and head out early in the morning.
This was my view 2 hours in.
I got home to a mess... Hubby was miserable and the girls were VERY happy to see me. It wasn't too much later that I started getting stomach cramps... UH-OH.
As for the 10 lbs... didn't make it. In fact, I didn't budge a half a pound... but that's OK. I'm happy.
7 comments:
wow dress looks great, sounds like a good time. sorry about the sickness at home. my kidlets came down with a bit of that over the weekend.
You look beautiful! Sorry it was so hectic, but I hope you have some great memories. :)
Hun, you looked beautiful, and what a gift for your friend to have had you there, it sounds like you kept everything together and made miracles happen!
I hope everyone starts feeling better soon! Oh, and, um remember last week I said to expect something in the mail? Well, um, it finally made it to the post office this morning, so you should get it in a few days! Promise!
Sorry to hear everyone was sick.
You both looked beautiful!
oh NO! Being sick (especially THAT kind of sick) sucks. You look fabulous though, beautiful dress!
You look great!
I call my daughter "the girl" too. Sorry about the stomach bug! People around work have all gotten it too. Not a good way to take off the pounds.
You looked great! I hope everybody is back to normal again!
Post a Comment