I guess this wouldn't be much of a blog if I didn't write about the bad a long with the good. I just hate being negative and, even more, I hate writing about the negative. Then I realized that everyone has to deal with the bad days. It would be misleading to let you think that my weight loss journey has been one fantastic day after another with rainbows and butterflies. In fact, if you look back on my blog you can tell exactly when I've had bad days... because I don't write about them. In fact, I don't write anything. I let it get the best of me.
The past couple of days I have gone completely off plan. No working out and eating like crap. The reason... depression. When times get hard I tend to sink down into a pit of depression. I would rather sit and sulk then get anything accomplished.
I need to get myself out of it. I need to stop making trips to the refrigerator in hopes that someone magically placed a cheesecake in there for me to devour. I need to quit eating like there is no tomorrow. I need to run... and run hard. I need to feel my body in pain... so that I know its still there... and so that I know I can still accomplish everything I want to. Damn it, I'm not going to give up now. 40 lbs... that's it. All I have to lose is 40 lbs. Why do I make it harder then it is. Just do it.
That's it. I am going to get off the computer and get on the treadmill. No more sulking... no more 'poor me' .... I'm sick of this attitude. I'm not a quitter.. I'm a fighter.
******AFTER PUBLISHING MY POST I DID MY BLOG SURFING AND CAME ACROSS THESE FANTASTIC POSTS THAT HAVE KICKED ME IN THE BUTT AND GOT ME THINKING THE RIGHT WAY!*****
*RUN4CHANGE
*FERTILEHEALTHY
*FITCERTERA
4 comments:
Sorry to hear you've had some off days. And thanks for posting those links. Even though I'm already coming back from my nearly two week binge, those are STILL very helpful in getting me going.
Thanks for linking back! I'm glad you found my post helpful.
There's a huge difference between being a whiner/complainer and reporting on the bad. Of course we go through bad patches! And depression is a very real condition. I fall prey to it too. Ironically excellent nutrition and exercise help combat depression.
Good for you for doing something positive for yourself. You are worth the effort and you can kick those 40 pounds!
Hang in there beautiful!!! I know exactly what you're speaking of, and am with you every single step of the way!
hang in there great links by the way
Post a Comment