"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's not easy....

I read a great post over at Diana's. It has been in my head all week, and it has been helping me stay strong.


If it was easy, everyone would do it. There wouldn't be any obesity. We'd all
have slim, healthy bodies. We'd all prefer bowls of broccoli instead of a hot
fudge sundae. If it was easy, there wouldn't be any weight related illness
such as Type II Diabetes or high blood pressure. There wouldn't be a diet
industry, no Slim Fast or Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers or gastric bypass
surgery. If it was easy, I wouldn't be writing this post
.

How true is that? Is it crazy that in order for all of it to finally click in my head I just had to admit that this is hard? My food has been right on all this week... and I found this great little tool from Roni which allows me to show you what I ate yesterday...




FoodUnits
1 cup cereal, 1/2 cup soy milk 135
5k run [-455] -455
tuna fish salad with veggies 295
salad, spaghetti

420

Total:

395

Table provided by Roni's Food Tweet, Eat, Post Generator.

Don't freak out just yet... I forgot a bowl of cereal for a snack (+140) and an apple bar (+130) . So my total for calories (not subtracting my workout calories) in was 1120 calories!! I love this thing. I think I have the hang of this....

As for workouts.. I am switching it around a little bit. Because I am able to run a 5K now I have decided to do it 3X's a week... M, W, F. Yesterday I broke my time and did 5K in 46 minutes!! So today I am taking a break from running and am going to do a good P90X workout. Maybe Yoga!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's your twitter name? I wanna follow you :)

Hanlie said...

You know, doing the right thing is actually easy. It's making the change that's a lengthy and difficult process!