"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Monday, February 2, 2009

What A Weekend

I had a very lazy weekend. I tried to workout, but my body was tired and I couldn't push it any harder... so I gave myself a break. Saturday I spent the morning with my Mom, who was diagnosed with an ulcer on Wednesday after a quick trip to the emergency room. She is now having to watch what she eats and cut out wine. A huge change for her. Anyway, while at her house I browsed her movie closet and found some of my old workout VHS tapes. So I will now incorporate some Windsor Pilates and The Firm into my daily workouts.



I watched the Super Bowl last night. Hubby says it is my fault that the Cardinals lost. I was cheering for the Stealers at the beginning (and I live in Arizona) but after the half time I was so impressed with them that I started cheering for the Cardinals.... They were awesome and I am so proud of them.






Baby seems to be coming down with something... I am hoping its just a cold, but right now I cant tell. She is walking around the house with a huge piece of toilet paper trailing behind her. Every now and then stopping to blow her nose. Poor kid.


I have two weeks before my best friends wedding and I am determined to lose 10 lbs for it. My bridesmaid dress is beautiful and I am excited to wear it... but most of all I want to make sure that I am feeling my best for it. So today I have planned a biggest loserish workout... Jillian would be proud:

8 a.m. - 5K
p90x Legs and Back
The Firm Abs

2 p.m. - 5K
Windsor Pilates Body Sculpting

8 comments:

Mark Salinas said...

Awesome for you! Go strong! :)

Cory said...

Good luck. I know you'll make a great effort on this weight loss.

Carlos said...

sounds like a well needed workout break. hope the kidlet gets better!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a nice break is really what we need to get our bodies back into the grove of things. I actually try to build rest into my exercise routine.

Hotch Potchery said...

Good luck! I have been very Biggest Loserish working out today too. Before work, Couch to 5K week 3, and 30 Day Shred.

About to head to the gym for some walking, weights, and maybe some elliptical.

I let Team Lean down this week, and am bound to make up for it!!

Rebecca said...

Ooh, love the Firm! Those workout videos are fun, especially when you find some that you haven't used in forever! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great job hun!!! What an impressive workout - yes, Jillian would be very proud!!

I hope Baby feels better - there's definitely something going around lately!

Hanlie said...

You can do it! Hope your mom and Baby are okay!