"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Warrior


I think its time to start up the Weekend Warrior challenges again. I am having a terrible time staying on track with my food AND exercise on the weekends. I start out well, but before I know it I am coming up with excuses not to workout and we are buying fast food and heating up pizza in the oven. Ugh. It is so frustrating. So, I need something to keep me focused and on track on the weekends.


The Weekend Warrior is a challenge I give myself every Friday that must be completed by Sunday night. Depending on how busy I will be on the weekend it ranges from getting a 5 mile run in, to doing push ups and pull ups first thing in the morning. If this is something you think might help you too then I will post my Weekend Warrior Challenge here every Friday. You can even make up your own... as we are all at different levels in our fitness... and post it in my comments area. I will check your blog on Monday to make sure you did your part!! There is nothing like being held accountable.


So, starting this Friday, you can start looking forward to a much more active weekend from me!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

That is a neat idea. I look forward to watching you and if I ever get my butt in gear, I may do some weekend warrior activities myself.

Anonymous said...

Great idea - I'll give it a shot this weekend!!