"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Good Day

As far as food and exercise yesterday... I rocked! My calories were perfect, my exercise was a 1.5 mile run. Not as 'painful' of a run as I was hoping for ... but it felt good. The only downfall of yesterday was the tremendous headache I got in the evening. It was terrible. I took an aspirin, closed the curtains (it was on the verge of a migraine) and laid down until it was time to make dinner. After dinner I was back in bed and praying I wasn't getting sick again. I was up all night using the bathroom... and this morning I am feeling better, but a little weak.


I think it is that gastrointestinal bug that has been going around. On top of that, it has been warming up fast around here and my allergies have hit me full force. Eyes are itching, nose is running, throat is itching.... Aaaaaaaaaaaack!


I decided that I needed to get out and do something active today. So I will be pulling out the bike and sidecar and taking the kids for a nice bike ride around the neighborhood. That should get the ol' caboose in order!
I need to figure out my bike again anyway. A friend of mine and I are going for a bike ride on a mountain trail Sunday. It should be fun... if I can survive it! LOL


My head is back on straight and I am feeling positive about seeing a loss on the scale Monday. Thanks guys!


5 comments:

Cory said...

Sorry to hear about the almost-migraine, but glad to hear that everything else is going well.

Anonymous said...

I love bike rides, they are my favorite part of the day! You look great, btw, and I hope you feel waaay better waaay soon!

Mark Salinas said...

You are taking huge strides on that journey of yours! Fantastic...keep going strong!

Hanlie said...

Good for you! I'm glad you're better and exercising again!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better hun! I used to have a trailer for SweetPea, it's a good workout!! Keep up the awesome work!