"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Monday, February 9, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday



This week is going to be a little hectic for me. I have four days before I drive down to the city for my best friends wedding! (in the photo the bride is on the right, me in the middle and the maid of honor on the left) I am super excited for her and I know that this wedding will be nothing but laughs. The bridesmaid dress I am wearing is beautiful... I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.

So, for the wedding I am still trying to lose the 10 lbs. That means that the next four days will be strict on food and full of activity... cardio, mostly. I also need to hydrate. I have been slacking on my water.. and we all know that you cant shed those pounds without flushing your system out with water!



Another reason to hydrate for the wedding will be the day after the wedding. An old high school friend has agreed to meet me at a local trail head to run a 5K. She is an amazing trail runner and I am hoping to pick up some running tips from her. It will also get the blood flowing before my 4 hour drive home.



Before I leave I am making Hubby a valentines cake... since we wont be spending it together. It will be a chocolate and cherry heart shaped cake. I'm not going to make it until the morning I leave so that I wont get a chance to eat it! Ha!

Today I am going to run/walk a 10K....well, I want to see if I can do it. Then I will be doing the Billy Blanks Tae Bo Abs routine..... my upper body workout and then another walk tonight.

I have to say I am getting sick of my treadmill and would really like to go outside... but its snowing, of course. If I didn't have kids I would be bundled up and out the door... but the kids don't like to go out on days like this.. so I'm stuck on the hamster wheel... uh, tready.

I also need to do a touch up dye job on my hair today. Gotta look hot!!

I have plenty of reasons to stay on target... so I better get moving.





:)

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Good luck with your 10K! And your trail run should be a lot of fun! You look super skinny in that picture too! can' wait to see the dress!

Anonymous said...

I love weddings!! I can't wait to see you in your bridesmaid dress - I just know you'll be stunning!!

Have lots of fun on the run with your friend too! You are so active, I love it!!

Take a picture of hubby's cake too :) And watch for a special treat coming in the mail for you and the girls!!

Hanlie said...

Wow, you do have a busy week ahead of you! Remember to have fun!

Cory said...

Talk about busy!!! Good luck with the runs, and I bet you'll look fantastic at the wedding!

taeboshellie said...

Thank you for using Tae Bo! This is Shellie, with Team Tae Bo and we would love to send you a free t-shirt thanking you for doing Tae Bo! Please email us at info@billyblanks.com and it will be on it's way.
Check us out at www.teamtaebo.com and www.billyblanks.com