
My husband asked me if I thought people who got weight loss surgery were 'cheaters' because of how hard it has been for me to lose weight the old fashioned way. I never really thought about it that way, and I guess the answer is no. Everyone is different when it comes to losing fat. Some are too heavy to walk without support, some can run a mile their first try. Its different for everyone.
The one thing I have realized on my journey is that a weight loss surgery would not have worked for me. My hunger doesn't come from my belly... its all in my head. I am an emotional eater and I have had to understand my brain more then my stomach in order to lose weight.
I think that is the case for many of us. We cant expect to reach our goal if we think this is just a food problem. Its in understanding the 'why' of it all that we will succeed. Have I found my 'why'? Not completely... but I have uncovered it a little bit every day. I have linked it to many things that happened in my childhood as well as to my fear of succeeding. The fear of the unknown.
I think the best advice I have heard so far is "There are no excuses, just do it. Make up your mind and DO IT" -carla
So, stop making excuses of why you haven't been losing weight or why you cant start. Its not hard people... just eat right and MOVE.
"When you are addicted to drugs, you put the tiger in the cage to recover; when you are addicted to food, you put the tiger in the cage, but take it out 3 times a day for a walk."- OA
5 comments:
Sounds like you've learned a lot about yourself. Good job! Keep it up and it will pay off.
well said. no single path to success
So true.
About the quote: I am always saying "Being addicted to food is worse than being addicted to drugs. You can never stop eating, and food is everywhere."
Love the quote at the bottom!
I think the most important this is learning about yourself. Learning WHY you are overweight is one of the keys to correcting the problem, whether you do it the old-fashioned way, or choose another method!
Great job hun!! You have come so far since we first met, and I am so proud of all of your accomplishments!!!
Post a Comment