
I fall into depression rather easily. Its been awhile since I've felt this bad, but its no surprise that I have fallen into a slump again.
Sometimes you just have to wallow in it. Cover yourself with blankets and let the tears roll. Face the shadows in your head or maybe ignore them by immersing yourself in your dreams. Sleep if you need to sleep, eat if you need to eat. Spend a couple of days in the hole you fell in.
But when a couple of days have gone by, you need to start looking for your way out. There wont be a ladder or stairs. No friend to lift you up, no rope to grab on to. Just you. So, where do you start?
You have to find that first foothold. You have to reach up and grab on to whatever you can. Then pull....
I've been in a slump, that is no lie. I have eaten my way through a couple of gallons of sugar... ice cream, cupcakes, bread and pizza. No working out... no surprise there. No water, no veggies. I didn't even eat dinner last night. With the stress going on I have been grinding my teeth at night which gives me massive headaches during the day. My teeth are in a constant clench... even when I try to relax.
I've been in my slump and now I am reaching out for the first thing I can grab. Here enters the wonderful Mark and his 30 minute challenge. A simple challenge that I can do. Not too overwhelming, but enough to get my blood flowing again.
I've thrown away the junk food.... I've poured myself a glass of water. I'll take a couple of aspirin and try to focus on the next reach....
to be continued......
7 comments:
My heart goes out to you...I too have battled with depression and it seems as if each time, it just gets deeper. The only way I know how to crawl out is to exercise, just get moving. It doesnt disappear that day but it will just get better.
I hope you feel better soon, love!
My husband has the same problems. Especially the teeth clenching and headaches. Try to make yourself a mouthpiece (from a wal-mart football mouthpiece... 0.88). It helps him tremendously. You're doing a great job picking yourself up!
May has a fantastic tip...keep exercising and get those endorphins moving! YOU deserve to feel good! Keep it going! :) Thanks for the shout out btw!
I love you! Hope things get better for you! We are hoping we can get up there next week maybe a hike just the two of us would be fun?
I love you too! I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch, but I think you've got the tools to get yourself out again... I'm reading between the lines and I see hope and resolve.
Hang in there, sweetheart! I'm thinking of you. In the meantime, there's something for you on my blog!
way to get back after it! getting back up is the hardest part
I'm gonna send you a long email!!! Hang in there sis!
Post a Comment