"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Off the couch....

Yesterday wasn't a bad day. Still no workouts, but food was a little better and I actually drank water. Hubby came home early and sent me to the salon to get my nails done. Not that we can afford it, but he knows how good I feel when I've got long, sexy nails! He was right, too. I came home feeling better. This morning I feel like the train is back on the tracks. I have had my protein shake for breakfast and am ready for a good workout before jumping in the shower and heading to town.



It is still an effort. I wish it could be easy... but no matter what is going on, it will always be an effort... and its not because I don't want it, or because I HAVE to do it... its because I have a problem. 'Hello, my name is Tigerlilly and I am an Overeater'



Losing weight is going to take a lot more then eating less and moving more. Its going to take an effort, on my part, to understand the reasons why I am the way I am.
For an honest, balanced view of myself, I take a few moments in which I free
my mind of everything except God’s love for me.



*********************************************************





The beautiful Hanlie over at Fertilehealthy gave me the Love-ya award.. and I am blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.




The rules of the award are:

“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award”

Right! Do you know how hard it is to choose only 8 deserving blogs? I have so many fulfilling relationships in the blogging world!

In the end I chose:

Kennedy : She has been a friend from day one. I can always count on her to say the right thing to keep me going.

May: Tells it like it is... and is always there with a helping hand.

Tammy: Passion, Obsession or Insanity? I couldn't have said it better myself!!

Heatherly: A woman I am blessed to have in my life.

Mark: Motivation and more.....

Jessica: A friend like no other

Carlos: Always there to encourage me to keep going.

Fatinah: True inspiration.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww thank you :)

BTW, by you bouncing back, the weight will probably start to come off a little quicker now. I eat like a pig twice a week for that same reason, otherwise I'd constantly be in a plateau.

Does this make sense?

Tammy said...

I was coming over here to see how you're doing, I'm all excited about you getting your nails done. I love girl pampering, and what do I see?

You gave my an award. You are sooo very sweet. Thank you so much. I'm off to do my own post now.

Take care sweetie. You will get back to a balance that you're happy with. Give yourself the time and love you need, it will be well worth it in the end.

Big hugs.

Anonymous said...

AWWW!!! Thank you so much sis!! You have no idea how much this means to me!!!!

Fatinah said...

you just brought tears to my eyes - your timing couldn't be better....thank you!

I think you're on the right track - if you can let God's love in, and accept it truely, than how can you not love yourself enough to put healthy, wholesome foods into your body and your families? OK, now I think I'm talking about myself. For me, it comes down to not really believing I deserve it. Oy! Sorry...back to YOU!!

I think you're on the right track and I look forward to reading about your workout!! :-)

Jessica said...

I've been feeling pretty crappy about myself for awhile, healthwise, lookswise and just everything else....
So today I went out with Elizabeth and bought myself some new tops. I went to a discount place and got everything for less than $10 each, but still...better than WalMart and now I have some new outfits to perk up my days....and my karaoke!!