For me, I always remind myself of the way that I know I will feel when I am done. And I am always so thankful that I pushed myself to do it anyway. It is important to remember one thing...my dad always says, "Where I am today, is where my mind and my will put me. Where I'll be tomorrow, is where my mind and my will put me." So, if I want to stay in the rut, I will.
2. As a busy mother of two, how do you stay focused on your own health?
I make it a priority to take care of myself. I know that if I do not, I will not be able to take adequate care of them. I need energy, I need an outlet, I need strength, all of those things make us better moms. Plus, I need to lead by example.
3. How do you maintain/lose weight? Is there a favorite diet? Favorite snack?
I am blessed to have the job that I have! I get to workout! Ha. And yes, I eat pretty healthy, not extremely strict. Except when I want to focus on getting a bit leaner for shooting dvd's. Television will add a few pounds, so I will lean out for a shoot. I love pizza!
4. Do you have a favorite recipe that you can share with us?
Believe it or not, I am not the chef in our house! My husband is...he is wonderful. I will actually burn water...lol!
5. What would you tell someone who is just starting out on their weight loss/ healthy living journey?
I would say that weight loss is unseen until it happens. It takes time and remember, it took time to put the weight on. So, it is not going to come off overnight. Have patience, realize you have the power in your hand to make a change. All you need, is the action behind it. Go by how working out makes you feel on the inside, not the way you look. There are people out there who are in shspe on the outside, but on the inside-they are lost...
6. What would you tell someone, like me, who has stalled in their weight loss?
Not to do things out of habit. Do your workout with purpose! When things become a habit, and there is no thought process, one becomes bored and will eventually quit. That's why I love Tae Bo® Fitness. It makes you focus on technique, so, you cannot get bored. And if you focus on the latter, the weight loss will come faster.
7. Out of all the workouts that you and your Dad have done together, what is your favorite one?
Oh...that's a tough one! I really love them all! I know that is a broad answer, but they are all so different and preparing and shooting them all has left me with fond memories!
Thank you Shellie! You are a blessing and I am blessed to have someone like you to push me through this journey ... even if it is on a DVD! LOL
To buy your own Tae Bo workout go to www.teamteabo.com !
3 comments:
very cool.
holy smokes!! what a great experience!!
great interview and love the new site look!
Post a Comment