There isn't really any reason to call it 'manic' Monday... just hate coming up with titles to my posts! LOLThe weekend was uneventful... and I do mean in every way. No workouts, no cleaning (except for the usual dishes and bathing). My food was good ... except for the massive craving I had for ice cream yesterday. Hubby went out and bought a crap load of different flavors. I ate about a cup of ice cream.... and payed for it dearly.
I have been recently diagnosed as lactose intolerant. Apparently your body can suddenly become allergic to things that have never bothered you before. (or things that you dearly love and can not live without even if it means making you sick to your stomach and crampy) ***sniffle*** I have figured out a replacement for ice cream that is delicious... but my head still wont accept it. .... recipe will follow....
So last night I ate about 350 calories worth of ice cream and then ate NOTHING for the rest of the day because I felt so sick. My heart was racing, my belly was cramping and I wanted to do nothing but sleep. Not a good sign, really. I asked Hubby why he bought the stuff and his reply was:
"Because you give me those big brown eyes.... and if I refuse then you give me the 'I will kill you look'...."
Which is true. I begged for it yesterday.... and he tried to remind me how yucky it makes me feel.. but I was CRAVING it and wanted nothing else.
I seriously need to have a conversation with myself.
On the healthy side... my brother in law is a distributor of an Acai berry drink called MonaVie. He gave me a bottle of it to try and I will have to say that I am feeling better all around. My joints aren't as achey, my headaches are gone ... and I am eating less because I don't feel as hungry all day. On top of all that it is great for me. I love it so much I signed up to distribute it myself! I will post about it soon... but if you have any questions now, feel free to email me!
I am off to do my Tae Bo workout and then start cleaning this mess of a house. ***sigh****
*********************************************************
BANANA ICE CREAM
1 cup soy milk
1 frozen banana
1 scoop of protein powder
Mix it all in a blender and enjoy.
YUMMY!!!!
3 comments:
MMMM ice cream! :)
Ive always wondered about the acai berry products, glad to see it worked for you :)
Hi sis *hugs* I'm so sorry about your sore tummy! I think I'm definitely developing an intolerance to milk - it doesn't make me ill like you, but I get really congested and icky.
I got your email, I'll look it over and email you back later today!
I also started having problems with dairy in my twenties and now get stomach cramps, diarrhea, stuffy nose and earache from it.
I'll see if I can't post some alternative ice cream recipes later on...
Post a Comment