"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Whats Your Dream?


Do you remember, as a child, being asked over and over what you wanted to be when you grew up? My answer would change depending on who asked me. It varied from Marine Biologist, teacher and nurse to Police officer, brain surgeon and President.


On the inside I never really made up my mind what I wanted to be. As a teenager I volunteered at the Emergency Room and have stayed in the medical field ever since. I enjoy helping people and the medical field lets me do that to the extreme. But I wouldn't say that it's my 'dream' job.


I am all grown up now, so the question has changed from what will you be to what is your dream? Besides that obvious dream of winning a million dollars and living on our own Island where the girls grow up to be brain surgeons and marine biologists.... my dream is to get my body physically fit so that I can teach others how to do the same. I want to teach people that the only way to succeed is to never give up.


The obvious first step to that dream come true is focusing on myself and getting rid of these last 40 lbs. So, I'm off to do my morning workout!!


What is your dream?

5 comments:

dancer-in-me said...

You of all people are going to do it. I don't know what my dream job is. I have never had a dream job. I always felt like I wasn't good enough to do anything. I like the job I have now, but is it my definition of my dream job. Gave me something to ponder.

Carlos said...

wow. great dream. you are well on your way

Anonymous said...

When people asked me that, Id say that I wanted to be happy and then a writer lol. I guess half is true?

Anonymous said...

YOU inspire ME!

Hanlie said...

I want to be a lifestyle consultant, focusing on health, nutrition and exercise. I'll have to start looking for courses...