"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, April 24, 2009

31

Tomorrow I will be celebrating my 31st birthday. I thought I would share 31 things I've learned in that time....

1. When you fall down, it hurts.

2. Always get back up...

3. The faster you get up the faster you forget you fell in the first place.

4. Always smile, it burns more calories

5. It takes less effort to make friends then it does to make enemies.

6. True love comes in the form of a child.

7. Arguing with your husband is healthy for the relationship, but making up burns more calories.

8. Be yourself, no matter who is around.

9. When you hear a good song... DANCE!

10.Sometimes you just need to lay on the floor and play with the kids.

11. Say 'I love you' whenever you can. You never know when it will be your last time.

12. Forgive and forget. Life is too short.

13. Sometimes you should just laugh until you cry.

14. Always take band aids off fast....

15. Peanut butter takes gum out of hair.

16. A two year old CAN reach the top shelf in any house.

17. If you cant imagine a day without him... marry him!

18. Don't stress over money.

19. Trust in Gods plan.... it always works out!

20. Never give up on yourself.

21. Your never too old to start over.

22. Any goal is reachable!

23. Sing at the top of your lungs when a good song comes on in the car.

24. Look through the eyes of a child... its a whole different world!

25. Take the time to say Hello.

26. Take advantage of a beautiful day.

27. Always look both ways at an intersection.

28. Don't block with your face.

29. Never turn your back on a friend.

30. Express yourself in what you wear.

31. Lather, rinse, repeat and enjoy!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! Great post!

Natasha said...

This is a great post. Happy Day Before your Birthday!

Jade said...

This is beautiful!!! As are you!

Tammy said...

First off, Happy Birthday. I hope you have an awesome day that translates to the start of an incredible year!

That is awesome. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Cute Boy (my boyfriend) turned 43 this past December, and I wrote him a list of 43 things I love about him. It was such fun!

Again, have a great day!

Carlos said...

love this post and since today is tomorrow, happy birthday

Hanlie said...

What a lovely post! And a very belated Happy Birthday!